• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advice for newb with new system

Wizard509

Forum Donor
Hello and thank you for reading this post.

I am putting a new system in my shop. The chain will be: W10 laptop running Foobar > JDS ATOM DAC+ > Nobsound passive preamp > ADAM T10S subwoofer > ADAM T5V satellites.

I am very much “old school” when it comes to audio equipment and would greatly appreciate your thoughts on the following:

1) How to go about setting the initial levels on the subwoofer and satellites.

2) Run WASAPI event with EQAPO & Peace?

3) Or, run WASAPI exclusive with MathAudio?

I have a calibrated UMIK-1 and REW is installed on the laptop.

Please let me know if you need more information from me or if there are things that I am overlooking.

Thank you for your assistance.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If Rew has equalizer options you need I'd just run using that in exclusive mode to keep it simple. For APO/Peace you run in Wasapi shared, and run at a match like if your music is 44.1khz, then run at 32 or 24 bit 44.1khz.

OP
Wizard509

Wizard509

Forum Donor
If Rew has equalizer options you need I'd just run using that in exclusive mode to keep it simple. For APO/Peace you run in Wasapi shared, and run at a match like if your music is 44.1khz, then run at 32 or 24 bit 44.1khz.
Thank you!

I see that you are in Florida. I am in the panhandle a bit north of Panama City.

Top Bottom