• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Adam T5V Review (Studio Monitor)

YSC

Major Contributor
level matching, distance from the front wall (the two have very different depth, so putting the back side the same distance from wall will make the driver to the wall having different distance), without doint these two using a measurement mic, subjective impression is just.. subjective, and also the price and look could definintely play a role in that "magic"

madwolf

Distance from the wall - that’s true, front is in the same place but T5V back is closer to the wall. No other way to place it in my room, really. Also T5V have back bass reflex and it’s aimed at a corner, few cm from the wall. A4V has port in the front.
The difference is so big, heard not only by me, that it’s difficult to believe that their looks etc have such a psychological effect.
My first thought after connecting them was that they’re somehow broken. I don’t think both would be broken the same way, though?

I’ll try to measure them somehow, although I don’t have a „pro” measurement microphone. I do have a mic from Denon Audyssey, perhaps that can be somehow used. Also a Rode NTG1 shotgun mic, probably worthless for measuring stuff.

YSC

Major Contributor
Distance from the wall - that’s true, front is in the same place but T5V back is closer to the wall. No other way to place it in my room, really. Also T5V have back bass reflex and it’s aimed at a corner, few cm from the wall. A4V has port in the front.
The difference is so big, heard not only by me, that it’s difficult to believe that their looks etc have such a psychological effect.
My first thought after connecting them was that they’re somehow broken. I don’t think both would be broken the same way, though?

I’ll try to measure them somehow, although I don’t have a „pro” measurement microphone. I do have a mic from Denon Audyssey, perhaps that can be somehow used. Also a Rode NTG1 shotgun mic, probably worthless for measuring stuff.
Usually it's very difficult to place the front at the exact same height and distance to the wall and your MLP, and the main thing is the loudness is vastly different of default gain settings, using the same speaker and set the volume quite a bit different and the impression differs a lot! comparing speakers need to be at least using pink noise and a mic to level match the gain before anything serious in comparison

afico

Hello,
can someone tell me if the T5V have a sort of internal DAC like Jbl lsr 305? if so any external dac would be useless as the anlogue signal would be converted in any case

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hello,
can someone tell me if the T5V have a sort of internal DAC like Jbl lsr 305? if so any external dac would be useless as the anlogue signal would be converted in any case
The T5V's analog inputs are digitized, then processed, then turned back into analog.
Screenshot_20240411-164453_Chrome.png

Top Bottom