• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Adam Audio A7x file format

ronniec995

Hi all

It's a first post so what I'm asking may not even be possible. I purchased some A7x which have the ability to take Sonarworks calibration files. I saw that SW SoundID produces frequency and phase response files, so I'm assuming FIR (convolution) filters that the speakers apply.

I would like to use PORC to play around with room correction, and then import them into the Adam speakers. Is there any public specification of the swproj file or is there any API documentation that I can use to figure out how to do the upload from the above calibration software. I'm happy as a coder, but just need a specification to work with.

Cheers

unpluggged

jjaskuna

Forum Donor
Have had the A7Xs for over a decade now. You won't be able to use the DSP in your monitors, but should be able to run it on your computer and output the corrected signal to your monitors. In this implementation you would incorporate the measured IR into the code for processing against the target/reference response.

Btw, the filter topology is parallel second order IIR filter(s) with an optional FIR part(s).

Top Bottom