• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Acoustic optimization for my living-room mountain range

cata02

Hi folks,

I am trying to treat my living-room to optimize what's worth optimizing for home theater and music listening in my living-room.
I am using a pair of Genelc 8330 and a 7350 tuned using GLM.

My room is 7.5 x 5.5 m (i think) and my listening position is in a corner; speakers on the long side 0.5m from a side wall, ~10cm away from the back wall, 1.5m appart; listening position is ~2.3m away from speakers. Across the speakers i have a wall with lots of glass and i use blackout courtains (they are not heavy; not designed for acoustic treatments).

These are the latest measurements after adding some side panels for the first reflections of the side wall (since i have the listening position in half of the room, the other side wall is much further away).

I have some cavities around the listening position, due to furniture, that i've tried to fill out with various household items (magazine and stuff).

What are my options?
Thanks!

Attachments

• left.png
    left.png
    278.7 KB · Views: 79
  • right.png
    right.png
    273 KB · Views: 79
  • sub.png
    sub.png
    173.1 KB · Views: 86