• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AccuEQ Set Subwoofer distance really close

PolkFan

Forum Donor
Hi so i have a Onkyo Receiver with AccuEQ and it seems like it set my Subwoofer as the closest speaker in the room despite it being the farthest away is this normal?

I know its normal for the receiver to set the sub typically further away but i never seen it set something closer i will note that it sounds great.

My old Pioneer set the sub to 12FT this new one set it to 3FT keep in mind i have this in a smaller room.

EB1000

AccuEQ is actually Prioneer's failed MCACC with a new name. I wouldn't trust anything its doing...

OP
PolkFan

PolkFan

Forum Donor
AccuEQ is actually Prioneer's failed MCACC with a new name. I wouldn't trust anything its doing...
I know sadly its all i have it does set the rest of the speakers correctly however.

I actually like the way it sounds then again i loved the way it sounded even without a EQ but i find it better with it.

I wonder if i should try setting the SUB to 180 Phase and run it again i do have a TINY room.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Rerun it and move the sub a few feet and see if the results match the new added distance. Remember that the location results are really delay filters, not actual distance. It’s the result of aligning all your speakers and the sub to acoustically time align for the room reflections to all arrive at the MLP at as close together as possible. More about acoustic sound time alignment than actual physical location.

Top Bottom