• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ABX Blind test from Headphone.com

timer1992

I just came across a website that conducted an ABX test, where the only variable was the filter difference, with the sampling rate increased to 174kHz. According to the tester's own experiment, he could distinguish between them.
I would like to hear your opinions: Can people really hear the difference with this type of filter?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There's only one time I can tell difference with filters reliably. Some in game explosions have a reverb effect, and with a filter that has pre and post ringing it's very obvious when a 4-5 explosions are going off at a time in an active battle. Instead of finishing clean like with some filters, it sounds like a hand grenade going off in an oil barrel sitting in a giant sewer drain pipe. With a filter with little pre/post ringing it finishes clean. I usually won't spend much on a DAC, but it's worth it to have a filter selection if you game on a PC.

danadam

Major Contributor
I just came across a website that conducted an ABX test, where the only variable was the filter difference, with the sampling rate increased to 174kHz. According to the tester's own experiment, he could distinguish between them.
I would like to hear your opinions: Can people really hear the difference with this type of filter?

Top Bottom