• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

About section for the special members like experts, reviewers, etc.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
May I suggest the forum manager to ask the special members like experts, reviewers, etc. to fill their About section with information to explain what their speciality is?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
May I suggest the forum manager to ask the special members like experts, reviewers, etc. to fill their About section with information to explain what their speciality is?
I am not the forum manager. That would be Amir. However, to lighten Amir’s workload I will attempt to answer your questions to the best of my ability and knowledge.

Many of our Guest Experts come here to socialize and have fun. Exposing their personal information and sharing their CV with 10’s of thousands of readers is a personal choice and we fully respect their decision to remain anonymous if that is their choice. To be granted the Special Tags such as “Technical Expert”, ”Industry Insider” and “Audio Luminary” requires either personal experience and affiliation with Amir during his career or the submission and verification of Professional Qualifications deemed appropriate by Amir.

This is a leisure activity for many of these individuals and they may wish to remain anonymous for a multitude of reasons. Compelling our Highly Valued and Honored ASR guests to dox themselves is not going to happen. @amirm can and will correct me if I am wrong in this.

To address this subject question we published a comprehensive list of all the special Tags issued and what information they convey to the reader. If they poses a certain Tag you can be pretty certain that they are Fully Qualified and vetted. As a reminder here is a link to the list I mentioned above:

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
To be granted the Special Tags such as “Technical Expert”, ”Industry Insider” and “Audio Luminary” requires either personal experience and affiliation with Amir during his career or the submission and verification of Professional Qualifications deemed appropriate by Amir.
That is enough by me.

Thank you for the explanation. I appreciate it.

Top Bottom