• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tags for review posts, and options to filter by tag

Tisme

I may be suggesting something that's possible that I didn't know, let me know if that's thecase

I have been browsing this forum for a bit now, and even was inspired to purchase a SMSL D-6s to replace my dragonfly(enjoying it allot!).
But I sometimes am having trouble finding posts about specific things, like IEM's or USB dongle DAC's. maybe being able to filter on tags to find specific devices would be helpful.

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
Under Advanced Search, you can search by tags. The problem is that you need authors of posts to add the tags. You also need everyone to agree on a tagging taxonomy, that is relatively rigidly adhered to.

This is a common metadata problem: excellent search and no taxonomy (the "Google" way) vs tagging everything upon creation with simple search (Semantic Web).

There's a "hybrid" approach known as folksonomy which may work here, whereby people can add tags to untagged posts as a sort of community benefit. It's a lot less overhead than taxonomies (which require corporate governance to establish and to maintain to prevent inevitable entropy). But can be beneficial: https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/1242572.1242602

Top Bottom