• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Matlab - Octave Tool to calculate the correct Spinorama - CEA2034 from the NFS data

reficver

Does anyone know how to check if Score changes when applying random EQ in matlab?
I've even succeeded in getting Maiky's compressed file and opening Spinorama data, but I don't know where to apply the EQ I want to try.

Attachments

• Matlab.png
    Matlab.png
    178.4 KB · Views: 51
OP
Maiky76

Maiky76

There is no provision to add EQ in the scripts.
What I use is proprietary and won't be published.
Feel free to add one and add to the package and share it...

I am not that familiar with it you might be able to use REW and add EQ to ALL the CEA curves.
Then export ALL the CEA curves into a format readable by Octave/Matlab
Use Octave/Matlab to generate a file "Spininorama_corrected_F_ON_LW_ER_PIR_SP_SPDI_ERDI_DIoffset.mat"
The name tells you the order of the columns.
Then use this file to run the PPR script.

Last edited:

reficver

What I use is proprietary and won't be published.
Feel free to add one and add to the package and share it...

I am not that familiar with it you might be able to use REW and add EQ to ALL the CEA curves.
Then export ALL the CEA curves into a format readable by Octave/Matlab
Use Octave/Matlab to generate a file "Spininorama_corrected_F_ON_LW_ER_PIR_SP_SPDI_ERDI_DIoffset.mat"
The name tells you the order of the columns.
Then use this file to run the PPR script.
oh... okay. that's sad news... =(
I tried to use matlab because the vituixcad program was not properly loaded, but it's not easy...

keks8430

oh... okay. that's sad news... =(

A straightforward way to EQ using Spinorama data and a measured in-room response
  • Measure your loudspeakers in your room with the tool of your choice (REW, Dirac, ..)
  • From the Spinorama, take the curve which represents the on-axis response or another focussed average as proxy of direct sound.
    According to Toole, this is the part which is perceived as loudspeaker timbre.
  • Now, above Schrodinger frequencies, equalize closely to your measured curve and apply the direct-sound corrections, if necessary.
    The Schrodinger frequency can be guessed where the two loudspeakers' responses start to resemble and slope down.
    Corrections should straighten the direct sound response, preserving approx. the original slope.
    Below Schrodinger, correct according to your measurement to flat or apply a bass boost below 150Hz to your liking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom