• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

5 or 7 channel High SINAD Class D/Hybrid amp to replace Parasound Halo A51

xirtam2005

Have had a Parasound Halo A51 amp that have enjoyed the sound of for years, but it has had multiple problems over the years, and it is a pain to pack and ship a ~100 lb behemoth for service, that is now out of warranty.

Are there any high SINAD modern amp technologies that will sound better than the Parasound Halo A51 amp. Looking for power in the Halo A51 range but with high SINAD that sounds at least as good, if not better. Also prefer high damping factor, slew rate, channel separation, crosstalk, etc that are on par or better than the A51.

5 channel amp is fine, 7 would be preferred if it doesn't sound "worse" than the equivalent 5 channel amp, or could also do a 3 and 4 channel amp. Budget is in the current Parasound Halo A51 amp range, but have some flexibility if the product is very good and reliable. Product also needs to be serviceable/repairable.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

I own 2 x NC502MP for the front trio and 1 x NC252MP for the surrounds. I suggest the same, perhaps 2 x NC252MP if you need more surround channels.

Or an alternative would be 3 x the new NCx500 OEM for the front trio and n x NC252MP for the surrounds.

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hard to go wrong with the Hypex modules - 502 and 252's have plenty of power and an assembler like Buckeye Amps can make you a custom 5-8ch rig.

I was cruising eBay last night and there are a couple ATI multichannel amps on auction right now that use the Hypex UCD modules I believe. Check those out if the rated power is enough.

OP
X

xirtam2005

Has anyone compared the NAD M28 vs one of the ATIs? The NAD uses Purifi and the ATIs use Hypex N-core. Would these be contenders with the Parasound Halo A51?

Top Bottom