• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$100k speakers Meridian DSP8000 to $

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
How do you know what you bought even works? Have you tested what you can? The whole thing could be toast.

I guess you could always turn them into slug woogers (sub woofers)

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If it is the SE version they can be newer , I think you could order them until recently ? Meridian have a new TOTL speaker now.

DanielT

Major Contributor
I found head part sold on eBay and other Deler piano black $700 and $900 each
Might be a solution if they are of the same version as your bass modules? But why are they sold as separate units?
Then you will have your red bass modules together with black top speakers. If you can live with the mismatch in colors?
A professional painter can fix your top units in the same high gloss red as the base modules. What such a painting job would cost is another question.

You had thoughts about testing your bass modules. Do that. That's what I think and also restorer-john (and I think others have also been on that track) that you should do.

And IF you spent a lot of money on your bass modules, it might be worth having a professional electronics repairman go over them just to make sure there's nothing wrong with them. So you might not start spending money on top units if there is something wrong with the bass modules. A professional service because your purchase seems so strange to me.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
With the remote the speakers can be setup for a basic setup with coax input .

Remote:

Also as described in the manual you need cabling to connect left and right speaker .

They may start up and you can enjoy the mumbling of the bass towers :) also simply see if they power up is a good thing .

steve59

Major Contributor
I have the DSP 8000.2 that I upgraded to se $20k upgrade!!! anyhow 'The hitchikers guide to Meridian' is the place to get your answers. These speakers compare in no way to B&W. These have aa full bodied sound with no added energy up top. Mine are set to -4 in the bass and +2 in the treble and sound gorgeous, full mids, treble that fills out the range without being a distraction and bass for days. These might be the most ambitious cabinets in the business and it comes thru in the black background. You will have questions when setting them up so join that website and enjoy your new system!

OP
K

Kamrooz

How do you know what you bought even works? Have you tested what you can? The whole thing could be toast.

I guess you could always turn them into slug woogers (sub woofers)
yes it’s risky I think about that .

OP
K

Kamrooz

can be a fun mongrel speaker :) are these heads the SE version or not ? there probably different EQ and crossover for them . You can probably adjust somethings with externa EQ anyway .
Sorry they was sold long time ago , also they are not se

OP
K

Kamrooz

Might be a solution if they are of the same version as your bass modules? But why are they sold as separate units?
Then you will have your red bass modules together with black top speakers. If you can live with the mismatch in colors?
A professional painter can fix your top units in the same high gloss red as the base modules. What such a painting job would cost is another question.

You had thoughts about testing your bass modules. Do that. That's what I think and also restorer-john (and I think others have also been on that track) that you should do.

And IF you spent a lot of money on your bass modules, it might be worth having a professional electronics repairman go over them just to make sure there's nothing wrong with them. So you might not start spending money on top units if there is something wrong with the bass modules. A professional service because your purchase seems so strange to me.
Sorry I missed the point they was sold out couple years ago! I’m still trying to figure out why they sold separately! Also I try look outside of United States if possible finding them, but it’s sad situation

OP
K

Kamrooz

OP
K

Kamrooz

I have the DSP 8000.2 that I upgraded to se $20k upgrade!!! anyhow 'The hitchikers guide to Meridian' is the place to get your answers. These speakers compare in no way to B&W. These have aa full bodied sound with no added energy up top. Mine are set to -4 in the bass and +2 in the treble and sound gorgeous, full mids, treble that fills out the range without being a distraction and bass for days. These might be the most ambitious cabinets in the business and it comes thru in the black background. You will have questions when setting them up so join that website and enjoy your new system!
That Awsome , hope I can make it work again with all your help and support, thank you

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
yeas these speakers are usually setup by your dealer and in almost all cases used with Meridian HT Processors . So they are complicated .

OP
K

Kamrooz

yeas these speakers are usually setup by your dealer and in almost all cases used with Meridian HT Processors . So they are complicated .
Thanks for sharing this, also I did some research, looks like except the top pice I need processor , cable , remote , streamer at used market cost around 5k or so
I really like them but I also I read somewhere they need be upgraded $18k to se to able play 24/192 !? Is that correct?

Top Bottom