• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$100k speakers Meridian DSP8000 to $

OP
K

Kamrooz

It depends on the cost for the new head units. My gloss black 2010 dsp8kSE upgrade have been on usam asking $18k and sitting, and sitting. As to packing, a pallet, some plywood and attentive creativity is how I shipped my revel salon 1's that are about the same size and weight. Freightcenter.com gives a list of handlers with schedules and prices that is like a search engine for freight, just type in the requested info and presto! all your carriers at your fingertips.
Thank you very much

OP
K

Kamrooz

They have additional network and processing options with the proper associated equipment.

Meridian does but these are not built into the speakers.

Download the user manual from HitchHikers.
awesome thank you

OP
K

Kamrooz

Hey Folks quick question I found 8000se for sale have broken glass / going cost me around $10k do you think is worth it buy them ?
Thanks

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
They are an expensive option. Not sure if they are any better than new Neumann KH420s which are cheaper. Plus there's always a risk if they are second hand.
YMMV.

OP
K

Kamrooz

So it’s not worth buy a SE version and complete mine ?

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
They are an expensive option. Not sure if they are any better than new Neumann KH420s which are cheaper. Plus there's always a risk if they are second hand.
YMMV.
?
Do you really think the neumann can compete vs this or was a joke?
index.php

Chr1

Forum Donor
Sorry dude. Didn't catch the context there. Ignore my post...

But yes, I reckon Neumann can compare with pretty much any speaker manufacturer there is.

Can anyone post measurements of the Meridians please? They are very expensive, so best be objectively good as well as handsome.

Last edited:

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Hey Folks quick question I found 8000se for sale have broken glass / going cost me around $10k do you think is worth it buy them ?
Thanks
What do you mean?
You founded the head from ur tower but with the broken glass?

OP
K

Kamrooz

Question please, is 861 v8 best preamp ? Trinnov is amazing but expensive

cavedriver

Thanks
I see that listing. They look beat up. Who breaks the glass on both bases and then only replaces the glass on one of them? Personally I would never risk $12000 on speakers that might have internal damage from being dropped, etc. If they were close to you and you could inspect them yourself maybe...

OP
K

Kamrooz

I see that listing. They look beat up. Who breaks the glass on both bases and then only replaces the glass on one of them? Personally I would never risk $12000 on speakers that might have internal damage from being dropped, etc. If they were close to you and you could inspect them yourself maybe...
Thanks , I have good base or bottom pieces and is not SE.
I thought if I buy the speaker I use it as donor and use internet and the head, also the seller have 30day money back guarantee , but I found
I need processor and other equipment to able use as home theater so it another $5k minimum !

cavedriver

Thanks , I have good base or bottom pieces and is not SE.
I thought if I buy the speaker I use it as donor and use internet and the head, also the seller have 30day money back guarantee , but I found
I need processor and other equipment to able use as home theater so it another $5k minimum !
I'm saying that judging from the abuse the tops may have additional damage beyond what is visible.

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No where can find head ! Also this SE version
Maybe time to cut your losses and try to resell the bases. If you are going to spend 10K there are better ways to do it (especially considering the awful condition of the meridian speakers on ebay that you are looking at)

steve59

Major Contributor
Meridians dsp line are proprietary in you need either an 818v3 or 218 to stream. The 818v3 will play to 24/192 and the 218 to 24/96. M converts all 44.1 content to 88.2 and the se has built-in dacs that can play 24/192 at full rez. The 6x8" woofers per side do better in a larger room. There's 1 Meridian service shop in the USA located in GA and you should call for a cost estimate to replace the damaged glass b4 buying. Meridian was huge back in the day, but now the market is small and resale slow. They have excellent sound but if the listening room is smaller than 4000 cu/ft I'd get the dsp 7200se for better bass integration.

Stereophile has measurements for the legacy dsp8000 from 2000 you can read.

OP
K

Kamrooz

Meridians dsp line are proprietary in you need either an 818v3 or 218 to stream. The 818v3 will play to 24/192 and the 218 to 24/96. M converts all 44.1 content to 88.2 and the se has built-in dacs that can play 24/192 at full rez. The 6x8" woofers per side do better in a larger room. There's 1 Meridian service shop in the USA located in GA and you should call for a cost estimate to replace the damaged glass b4 buying. Meridian was huge back in the day, but now the market is small and resale slow. They have excellent sound but if the listening room is smaller than 4000 cu/ft I'd get the dsp 7200se for better bass integration.

Stereophile has measurements for the legacy dsp8000 from 2000 you can read.
Thank you Steve59,

Top Bottom