• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$1 Million Cable Challenge

audio2design

Major Contributor
@ai1 - The whole thing is a hoax. I assume it is a big joke being played on audiophiles of a certain persuasion.

egellings

Major Contributor
Who is sourcing the 1 million dollar prize? Show me the money!

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Heh, presume it was a ‘real’ offer:

You would have to declare first run are NOT the best in order to win…which would inherently admit cables don’t sound the same.

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor
Heh, presume it was a ‘real’ offer:

You would have to declare first run are NOT the best in order to win…which would inherently admit cables don’t sound the same.
That's the beauty isn't it. If all cables sound the same, then they're all the best.

2tec

Classic marketing bs, personally, I'd bet the million doesn't exist and will never be paid out. Indeed, this is just an advertising campaign and already people are falling for it. :-(

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
Nice job @SimpleTheater.
Made me laugh as usual .
Waiting for the next one !!

Jimshoe

I think some people are not getting that the whole First Run Copper thing is a spoof. It's to demonstrate how gullible some can be.

Katji

Major Contributor
Yes indeed. /s

It is full-on fuckabout. This person responsible must be sent to the re-education centre along with the rest of them.
Or else it is "clever" marketing. - iow, marketing himself, whatever else he does for his hustle.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Yes indeed. /s

It is full-on fuckabout. This person responsible must be sent to the re-education centre along with the rest of them.
Or else it is "clever" marketing. - iow, marketing himself, whatever else he does for his hustle.

Thats the proplem with ironic jokes. They can get heavily missinterpredet.

DonR

Major Contributor
Sorry not when I have one it cost 10K and is 4 channel with spectrum , and BW of 200Mhz, bought it in the USA just 5yrs ago.
Sounds fairly low spec. At $10k you should be getting at least 500Mhz of bw and if it's less than 25 years old, it's digital.

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor
Settle down guys, this thread is to discuss the $1 million cable challenge that "cables don't make a difference" guys are unable to win because First Run Copper ( www.firstruncopper.com ) is just that good. And for what it's worth, $10K only gets you about a foot of First Run Copper.

ReluctantGT

The copper is so pure they won't even let their website be sullied by HTTPS. Encryption produces audible smearing of the soundstage (as everyone knows).

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor
The copper is so pure they won't even let their website be sullied by HTTPS. Encryption produces audible smearing of the soundstage (as everyone knows).
Every penny is going into the copper quality, why waste $25 annually on SSL encryption. These guys are all about what's best for their customer.

Top Bottom