• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

✳ This is it ... the scientific topic we always wanted to discuss ...

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Second problem is the energy needed which requiers probably to harness the energy of a Galaxy which only can be done by a class 3 civillization. So Lets wait a couple of thousend years if we as a species are stille relevant.
:facepalm:

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
People that think with time travel you could change the future(the now) usually mix that up with many worlds. Couse its easy, take a 'now' that you like to alter with traveling back in time? You traveld back and you are a part of the reason that you traveled back.

Edit says: Thats why i hate time travel ;)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I going to jump forward in time for you as a demonstration of my capabilities.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I'm back.

Oh wow. You caught up with me.

weasels

Somthing that never gets mentioned everything is moving. If I were to jump back say 50 years I'd fing myself floating in vacuum most likely.

This is actually covered in H.G. Wells ' "The Time Machine" where the protagonist is concerned that not only could he emerge into a deadly environment, but that the relative motion (the machine is on earth traveling through space, after all) could also be deadly.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
This is actually covered in H.G. Wells ' "The Time Machine" where the protagonist is concerned that not only could he emerge into a deadly environment, but that the relative motion (the machine is on earth traveling through space, after all) could also be deadly.

Another reason why i hate time travel. ;)

Edit says: Even for the best experts with crazy supercomputers it was hard to tell where i come out, and this with only traveling 10000 years back in time. ;)

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Its not importend if people can time travel. It would be enough that photons could do it?

I mean i would create a machine that sends me back in time the lotto numbers just with photons?? Would be cool. ;)

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
In the beginning the Universe was created. This made many people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move.

Can we turn that move/wave around for the better?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Time travel is not needed for this. It's human nature that prevents us from learning from past mistakes.

Ok, let's put time travel aside for a short moment; can we master the art of human nature?

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
One person's mistake is another person's success. I know folks who would go back and make sure Trump doesn't get elected, and others who would go back 8 more years to make sure Obama doesn't get elected. And I'm not even talking about Dubya, or Clinton. Or the failed Austrian landscape painter (appreciate how I got around Godwin :) ). There might be a couple of movies in this.

Here @ ASR we don't talk politics. That way we can advance much further in life in our own better direction. And if we start talking politics this thread will evaporate and be no more for eternity. Now, you wouldn't like to see that happening ... :)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom