• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

✳ This is it ... the scientific topic we always wanted to discuss ...

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Time Travel

timetravelmath-web_1024.jpg

https://www.sciencealert.com/a-physicist-has-come-up-with-the-maths-to-make-time-travel-plausible/

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Just think for only one second; being able to master time travel we could fix our past mistakes. We could get rid of this pandemic just for a start.

Am I unrealistic, or are we simply not advanced enough, or both?

TimF

Forum Donor
Just think for only one second; being able to master time travel we could fix our past mistakes. We could get rid of this pandemic just for a start.

The really hard problems, the problems adults face that require one to be adult to face square on, those problems have no solution that doesn't require deep compromise and loss no matter what the action taken; and furthermore, the status quo cannot be maintained. Pain is inescapable, and moral compromise cannot be avoided. In the Oedipal dilemma Oedipus pursues the truth in spite of being warned not to. The truth he uncovers changes his situation, his past and his future--action is required. It is the knowledge that cannot be ignored. There is the difficult, there is the most difficult, and there is the terrible.

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
The really hard problems, the problems adults face that require one to be adult to face square on, those problems have no solution that doesn't require deep compromise and loss no matter what the action taken; and furthermore, the status quo cannot be maintained. Pain is inescapable, and moral compromise cannot be avoided. In the Oedipal dilemma Oedipus pursues the truth in spite of being warned not to. The truth he uncovers changes his situation, his past and his future--action is required. It is the knowledge that cannot be ignored. There is the difficult, there is the most difficult, and there is the terrible.

Ok, but the past writings don't necessarily apply to today's livings.
We were meant to live and grow together, like a vignoble, like a garden of tomatoes.

If only we could go back in time and learn from the good lessons that would be a good start. If our space today becomes the space of our ancestors, then our children could walk in their shoes.
If all the particles in the human body could be disintegrated and reintegrated later on say one billion years in another space from another faraway galaxy of the universe we could invent a new theory on the Big Bang. We are not limited by any frontier, by any border, by any wall, our brain can activate the mind to build time travel machines.
We are limitless, it is inevitable.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
If only we could go back in time and learn from the good lessons that would be a good start.

Time travel is not needed for this. It's human nature that prevents us from learning from past mistakes.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Always when i try to think serious about the implications of time travel i get a cpu time out error.

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
One person's mistake is another person's success. I know folks who would go back and make sure Trump doesn't get elected, and others who would go back 8 more years to make sure Obama doesn't get elected. And I'm not even talking about Dubya, or Clinton. Or the failed Austrian landscape painter (appreciate how I got around Godwin :) ). There might be a couple of movies in this.

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Time travelling is one of my favorite brain-grenade topics. If I could, I would.

Travel to the future where everything audio-related is actually priced in a sensible relative manner, that is.

mansr

Major Contributor

If time travel is possible, the causal loops created will somehow have to resolve themselves without paradoxes. The fact that the pandemic is happening proves that nobody will ever go back in time and stop it. That does not, however, preclude the possibility that someone is going to have travelled (is that the correct tense?) back to prevent it getting worse than it is. Without anyone in our current past noticing, obviously.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
If time travel is possible, the causal loops created will somehow have to resolve themselves without paradoxes. The fact that the pandemic is happening proves that nobody will ever go back in time and stop it. That does not, however, preclude the possibility that someone is going to have travelled (is that the correct tense?) back to prevent it getting worse than it is. Without anyone in our current past noticing, obviously.
Why would somone stop it anyway? "Tis bearly a scratch"

Top Bottom