Search results

1. G

Got a Chinese tube amp and now world is upside down

Air guitar, bass or drums playing along? Dancing like a fool? You know you got something going when this goes on, but could be intoxicants as well...........
  2. G

Cable measurement

"Allow 15% of your audio system budget for cables" is a common suggestion amongst audiophiles. Goofballs are screwing themselves over on things of much better value that they could be spending their money on. It's a profit driven misinformation thing. Think of all the things the people...
  3. G

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Thanks. Not sure if number 2 would work as I don't know maximum input for my tone control but one would work fine but then you are stuck with using tone control with one source or unplug and plug situation ongoing. A feature (lack of actually) that may likely keep me from purchasing the Pre90
  4. G

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Any way to use this preamp and the input extender to have a tape loop to insert a tone control/equalizer?
  5. G

Why do you think a few members have an 'alcoholic anonymous' vibe towards the audiophile community? It seems a harmless hobby as far as things go?

I have a boat, am a practicing audiophile with more than 1000 albums, undermined amount of CD's and a few racks of equipment not being used. Oh and a motorcycle. Would seem I have some issues.
  6. G

Salesman Talk

My favorite is the speaker sales ad talking about the incredible "pistonic action"
  7. G

Anyone has experience with JBL S3900 and S9900?

Compared to poly domes which is all I have experience with the beryllium gave more detail, more air, but still sounds quite natural. Love em.
  8. G

OMA K3 $360K TURNTABLE

I'd love to hear one. I surely wouldn't kick it out of bed but think I'd sell it if given one and buy 40 acres and a small house.
  9. G

Anyone has experience with JBL S3900 and S9900?

My experience with beryllium diaphragms has been very good. Love to hear the S9900's. Definitely cannot afford a pair!
  10. G

EAR Yoshino 834L Deluxe Preamp Review

Profit margin is quite high it would appear.
  11. G

Stereophile 2023 recommended gear list

Textural suppleness sounds like something I need to explore more.............
  12. G

Stereophile's Jim Austin disagrees w Atkinson; says tubes have something that can't be measured

I believe it can be measured, as distortion. The right kind, the good kind. If you're into that kind of thing.
  13. G

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

Ordered for television/spare. Thank you Amir for the test report
  14. G

I'm a bit amazed by this response I got to a post I did on Facebook...

An all out system no, haven't heard that on either side, vinyl or digital. I have heard and do have what I would consider a vinyl system not so far off in performance from an all out ($50K or >vinyl system) and the sound is very very good and I would never dismiss it nor underestimate the...
  15. G

What does it take to succesfully transition to a green energy economy?

Crapping in your nest then deciding how to best live in the shit filled nest is not good planning imo. My policy and I think it is a good one is to get one's own house in order and lead by example. Inaction over the past 40 years has lead us to this point, which will get worse. More...
  16. G

The very last person I'm going to go to for good information on earth's climate is a US politician.
  17. G

I don't support propping up ethanol any more than I support subsidies for the oil industry. I think we're done here. Carry on with your oil industry support, I won't be joining you.
  18. G

I claim it because I can read about it all over from sources much more credible than a random poster on an audio site. There is a bill HR2184 that was presented to remove some of the subsidies that the oil companies currently enjoy, easy to read that as well. Obviously it did not pass because...
  19. G

Are you a scientist? If not (or even if you are, it's tiny minority) I think I'll go with the hypothesis that the data does support and that the modeling to date has supported, aka as what the majority of climate scientists do believe. The opposite of this is to go with what...
Top Bottom