Search results

1. E

Topping D70 Pro Octo vs SMSL vs Others

So, this question is intended for the segment of the audience that believes in audible differences between DACs. I like the Topping D70 Pro Octo, primarily because of the pricing (compared to something like SMSL VMV series or SU-10), the fact that the A70 Pro would be a solid HPA and would be...
  2. E

Magnepan LRS+ - Like New - Off-White Color

Magnepan LRS+ - Like New - Off-White Color Comes with Magnepan shipping box, all packaging and contents, like new. Was only briefly tested upon arrival to make sure everything is fine. Comes with matching metal speaker stand/feet, owner's documentation, spare fuses, mini allen wrench for...
  3. E

Nobsound/Douk Audio MC3 Little Bear XLR switch + Nobsound Mini Fully-Balanced/Single-Ended Passive Preamp Volume Control?

Does anyone have experience with these two devices? I'm wondering if they would do better than the JBL MPatch2, which I currently have. Also, would having both devices in the chain degrade the signal quality? The JBL MPatch2 which works pretty well, for the most part, but I notice that when I...
  4. E

RME DACs & Internal DAC Bypass?

My new amps will have 12v trigger. Can any DAC in the RME lineup do internal DAC pass-through? I want to be able to use my Denafrips ARES II as the DAc and use the RME as a preamp, equalizer, headphone amp, and sometimes use its internal DAC instead of the Denafrips. Is this possible on any...
  5. E

1ET7040SA module price

I was able to find 1ET400 module price as $385 (at least that's what came up on Google). Wondering what the price is for the 1ET7040SA module. Anyone happen to know?
  6. E

Purifi Amps - Top Choice or No?

Are the current Purifi based stereo amps and monoblocks considered the best in terms of measurements, power, heat, weight, sound and cost/value vs class A and AB models like Bryston and the like? For example, 2 x Bryston 7b3 monoblocks are about $16k, weigh a ton and generate a lot more heat...
  7. E

Magnepan LRS/LRS+

Just wondering what people think of the feasibility of swing-out type speaker mounts for Magnepan LRS/LRS+ would be, and whether sound quality would suffer vs stock stands or premium stands that have them up inches off the floor (if the speaker height were kept the same). It seems like it could...
  8. E

FS: March Audio P451 Monoblock Power Amplifiers (Pair) [Purifi 1ET400A] $1995.00

I am selling a pair of March Audio P451 Monoblock Power Amplifiers. They are Purifi 1ET400A-based, use a premium aluminum block chassis, balanced XLR inputs, copper ETI Research Binding Posts, separate regulated power supply for 1ET400A digital section, audio input RF filter, Mogami balanced...
  9. E

R200 vs LS50 Meta + R100 Question - For Current Owners

I've heard comments online suggesting the R200 and LS50 Meta sound very similar, with perhaps a bit of a superior mid-range, more detail, and better highs on LS50 but better bass on the R200. I also read that the LS50 Meta would be more appropriate as near field monitors and R200 would not be as...
  10. E

KLH Model 5 & Buchardt S400 mk1 or mk2 : Anyone heard both of these?

I know they are different but I'm interested both and wondering pros/cons of each. From what I gather, they both strike a good balance between providing good details, image, and soundstage, and are less brutal on poorer recordings. They both allow you to just enjoy the music rather than pick...
  11. E

F/S: Genelec 8361A Pair For Sale - Sacramento Region

Includes GLM User Kit and 9310AM-US Volume Control. White finish, new condition. Price is $10,000. For everything, it would cost over $11K with tax, so you'd be getting a good discount for essentially brand new. Local only (Sacramento Region or SF Bay Area - if willing to drive). Each...
  12. E

dac balanced xlr output impedance question

i have a pair of class-d monoblocks with input impedance of 20 kOhms, output impedance of 70uOhms my speakers are 1.7i Maggies. i have tested 3 dacs, only one of which has a volume control: 1. RME ADI-2 DAC FS (has volume control). output impedance: 200ohms 2. Denafrips Ares II. output...
  13. E

Magnepan protective covers

Just got my 1.7i and enjoying them! now i am looking at options for a protective slip-on cover for them. Why? some reasons include: 1. they are white and i want to protect them from sun damage or discoloration. 2. also want to protect them from odors and what not when cooking. for when i...
  14. E

12v trigger options?

Hi, I have an RME ADI-2 DAC FS. It has no 12v trigger built in but comes with a remote control. My monoblock amps do have a 12v trigger. Is there any device, like a power strip of sorts, that will let me plug my RME DAC into it so that when i use my remote to take the RME DAC out from...
  15. E

XLR cable length & optimal audio quality

i hear that keeping speaker cable length makes a difference in sound quality and you should keep lengths short. i also hear xlr cables can run longer without degradation in quality/signal. i have monoblock amps so i can put them right next to each speaker and keep speaker cables super short...
  16. E

dirac and magnepan

anyone know how well dirac works on magnepans? as a related question, is what makes genelec speakers so outstanding mostly the DSP? in other words woulg i do just as well with other speakers and dsp or is there something else special about genelec?
  17. E

Genelec 8351b/8361a vs Magnepan

The Genelecs have room correction and 3 separate amps. Anyone who has heard them vs Magnepan 1.7i know what their relative strengths and weaknesses are? different experiences?
  18. E

Using triggers vs leaving amps on vs alternatives when no built in triggers

If i have a setup of dac to pre to amp and the amp has 12v trigger but the pre does not, am i stuck with either dac to pre (if i use an rme dac with volume control) or using some sort of master/slave power strip for dac to pre to amp? i prefer not having to wall to each monoblock and pre...
  19. E

Massdrop HD-6xx - Could it be damaged if accidentally played through at max volume for a couple seconds?

I'll skip the details on how this happened, but I wound up playing music using a new DAC and my Drop 789 headphone amp for a couple of seconds with the headphone amp's volume knob at max with the gain at level 1 (Drop 789 has 3 gain levels I, II and III). My hearing aside, which seems ok since...
  20. E

Pre-amp vs No Pre-Amp, and Impedance Matching of components.

I am putting together the following system and don’t really know anything about impedance matching, so would appreciate some input on what I may need to watch out for, if anything: - SOURCE: PC or iPAD via USB to DAC - DAC: Denafrips Ares II w/ balanced XLR out - AMP: Purifi or NC1200...
Top Bottom