Search results

1. T

Why are so few new products being introduced?

I only follow about ten to fifteen high end audio companies but I am confused as to why so few new so called improved models or new products are being introduced. Krell, Revel, Macintosh, Bowers Wilkins, Marantz, Martin Logan, Wilson etc. In my opinion new models seldom are audible improvements...
  2. T

Best speakers for high end 7-car garage

I want some advice for two or four speakers mounted off the walls on mounts I will have custom made for my garage. I assume I need four if you think a pair will work better yet. The garage is and odd shape so I am thinking (4) Revel 126be's and maybe two small subs but really do not want...
  3. T

Best speakers for 6-car Garage Revel 126be's? or what else

I am adding a 4- car addition to my present 3-car garage and want very good sound I use Revel 328be, 426be indoors and some 126be on my patio. I will probably just get four 126be but interested in what else I should consider. Probably more for TV watching an auto race while tinkering with my...
  4. T

Oppo BDP-205 should I keep? Best steaming svcs and methods

I am going to keep my Oppo although tempted so sell and get a Panasonic for the prices they sell for. But supposedly they are worth it but how can an older machine be up to snuff with all the new formats? On a second note, since we have become addicted to Apple TV and watching Netflix, Prime...
  5. T

Better setup for patio than Sonos - my thoughts

I currently have a pair of Revel M80XC powered by a Sonos connect but recently got the newer Sonos amp. I decided what the heck if I want better sound to splurge a little. I ended up with a Krell S300i with my old Lumin T2 since I ordered the T3 for my indoor system 328be / 426be / balancedforce...
  6. T

Any feedback or opinions on Straight Wire Crescendo 3 speaker cables

I am looking to upgrade my speaker cables for two systems. My lesser system Krell S-1500 7-channel 150 watt Amp to Revel F208's but will be 228be's next fall (partly for looks the 208's a little small on the wall) has Audioquest Rocket 88 which are too short so I need to upgrade. Any thoughts...
  7. T

Power Cables high current or variable current for which components and Home wiring

I have a dedicated 20 amp now maybe two that I installed 15 years ago. I read an article that said to replace a breaker if it is more than a few years old with the best Square D with tungsten and wire with 8 to 10 ga wire and use a audioquest NRG Edison Duplex Wall Outlet or equivilent. I am...
  8. T

Looking for a solid 3-channel amp but small as possible

I have a Krell 700cx in my home system with 228be's and Martin Logan Balanced Force 21 subs. For my system in Florida which is in a hi rise condo I cannot crank it more than a moderate to high level I do not need a 200lb amp. I currently have a 85" 2020 Sony, Revel C208 and F208 L & R to be...
  9. T

opinion of Marantz MM7055 used as pre amp out for 5-channel home theater

it is for a hi rise condo so I cannot crank it but can play at pretty decent levels. I have been using Pioneer Elite VS-53 by itself but added some Revel F206 left and right and their excellent C 208 center and want some more weight or wallop to the vocals and center stage hence the 8" drivers...
  10. T

Has anyone heard the Revel C426be center channel yet?

I am looking at either the C208 or C426be to go with a pair of F228be for my home theater which is primarily all I listen too. Very occasional music also. The subs are Martin Logan Balanced Force 212's with three Krell amps driving my 5.2 set up.
  11. T

Do high quality subs negate the requirement for good bottom end for two channel listening?

I spoke with a Revel dealer and he told me since I was using a pair Martin Logan Balanced Force 212's that if I wanted to replace my Bowers 801's the revel F226be would be better since the base is augmented by some quality subs. I can agree with that but my question is for two channel...
  12. T

Best 2 or 3 Center channel speaker for home T, BW HTM1 D3 opinions.

My system consisted of Sony 85" 2019, (3) Krell amps, 750 L&R, 450 mono, and 200 surrounds, Marantz 8805, Oppo pdf 205, BW 801 and HTM3 center, with Marin Logan Balanced Force 212's. I very seldom listen to music which is why I have the 801's they are short so I can view the golf course and...
Top Bottom