• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any feedback or opinions on Straight Wire Crescendo 3 speaker cables

Terry Stahly

I am looking to upgrade my speaker cables for two systems.

My lesser system Krell S-1500 7-channel 150 watt Amp to Revel F208's but will be 228be's next fall (partly for looks the 208's a little small on the wall) has Audioquest Rocket 88 which are too short so I need to upgrade. Any thoughts it is in a high rise condo where I cannot crank up more than moderate to semi loud levels.

Main system is my home Krell 700cx to Revel 228be supported reinforeced with Martin Logan Balanced Force 212's. I am currently using bi wired Acoustic Zen Shotgun and frankly have no idea how they compare to other high end cables today.

Attachments

• throw away.jpg
    throw away.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 134

dfuller

Major Contributor
Honestly, you could use lamp wire and not have any sonic degradation.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor

nerdoldnerdith

Take the money you'd spend on cables and buy something like a MiniDSP. That will actually make a noticeable difference in your system, which cables will not.

Top Bottom