Search results

1. pavuol

Fluid Audio C5BT - unique set of features for 99$ (!)

They were probably not mentioned here, seems like they are clearence at amazon at the moment ($99 in US, in Europe I have seen them for 170-200 Euros..). Clearly, more of a "multimedia monitor" than a "studio monitor" (no bi-amping, just master-slave config). But the feature set is really hardly...
  2. pavuol

Panasonic PM270PP – 2024 brand new compact stereo system

So called „micro systems“ get very little attention here, so here I go to inform you that Panasonic has upgraded its hugely popular PM250 compact stereo system. Two major upgrades: the design and bluetooth (now v.4.2, previous was v.2.1), complete SKU is „SKU: SC-PM270PP-K“ – black US version...
  3. pavuol

Spinorama.org into spreadsheet - howto?

I'm always shy to call fo help but can someone tell how to get data from spinorama.org site into spreadsheet (.xls / .ods)? Simple copy past to LibreOffice doesn't work or at least I don't know what parameters (dividers) to insert with custom paste option. Or maybe use some tool to get data from...
  4. pavuol

Megatest of AA (R6) batteries with data (almost 200 pcs tested, alkaline/zinc-C/Lithium + NiMH/Li-Ion/NiZn)

I thought It might be interesting for some of you, Czech technician Jiri Bekr performed a thorough test of almost 200 AA-size batteries with data available in spreadsheets. These included primary non-rechargeable types - alkaline, zinc chloride, lithium and also rechargeable types - NiMh, Li-Ion...
  5. pavuol

Eye/ear candy UHD demo video (LG Hong Kong)

[post some your favourite 4K showcase clips if you like :) ] LG Hong Kong 4K Demo [downloadable]
  6. pavuol

Simple measurements of (older) smartphones' audio output (phonearena.com)

I havn't found mentioned this in the forum so maybe some members might find it useful/educative. There's one of those many webs dedicated to smartphone reviews called www.phonearena.com with one interesting subsection - table of audio measurements accumulated from past reviews.(navigation from...
  7. pavuol

Smartphone DAC chips

This thread I dedicate to sharing information about DAC chips used in smartphones. Until now there has been many phones that audiophile comunity is familiar with, these have DAC models either listed explicitly by manufacturer or it was revealed by tech oriented users. Also, for quite some years...
  8. pavuol

80's jewels

As the title suggest, post tracks from the 80's era (1980-1989). Mind you you are in the "reference" subcategory, so try your best not to flood this thread with generic silence disturbers ;) I'd imagine also avoiding notoriously famous tracks (you know all those MTV/FM radio "rotate till death"...
  9. pavuol

Sony SRS-NS7 - wireless neckband speaker

Interesting, now those people avoiding headphones from some reason can still maintain "ideal" stereo while dancing through their entire homes.. [hope v.2.0 version will include massage function as well :)] US product page EDIT: I see now it is similar to older "JBL Soundgear", I somehow...
  10. pavuol

"Verse better than chorus" tracks

They say summer is "silly season", so naturally I can't come up with any more reasonable thread idea than this :oops::p Post songs you feel are something lacking in their choruses - do "not meet same quality" as verses (free personal taste) - somehow disrupt the "mood" of the tracks, not...
  11. pavuol

Panasonic BT NC over the ear headphones w. LDAC & Apt-X HD for $59.99

Don't know if they were mentioned, they seem to be US market model sadly, but this makes me seriosly question: Why two year old budget model adopts both these high-res codecs and many newer models from other manufacturers don't even feature basic Apt-X (non-HD).. JBL line, etc.. Panasonic...
  12. pavuol

Amirs' test tracks (Spotify playlist + how AI "hears" them)

I wanted to share some interesting info about the data hidden behind songs that streaming services use for their analytics and AI purpose (later on that topic). To be more beneficial for ASR readers (or as a side effect) I decided to make a playlist of songs Amir mentioned in his reviews...
  13. pavuol

Specific/feature songs – topic: „cymbals”

Don't know if any other "cymballophile" here, maybe wearing "untamed Beyers" along the way but.. :p;) OK let me put this straight, post your favorite songs featuring distinctive cymbals layering. Tracks you love or simply acknowledge to sound great in this regard. You can post "reference...
  14. pavuol

Lo-Fi

As title suggests, post your favourite tracks, which you enjoy despite its "lower quality" (or just because of that). Can be anything, Lo-Fi as an intentional approach (like subgenres almost) as well as unintentional - (amateur) live recordings, (home) demos, "vintage"/historic recordings...
  15. pavuol

"Soundstage tracks" (for headphone listening)

Post songs you think have that "soundstage" feel while enjoying on headphones. "Natural" tracks recorded in spaces from smaller chambers to big churches that retain its "spatial sound" also when reproduced on headphones. Or "synthetic" tracks that was intentionally manipulated (post recording)...
  16. pavuol

Duets

We don't have this thread yet, do we? Post some of your favorite or some interesting discoveries. No boundaries, just try to avoid total crap lol.. (notoriously famous, overly romantic...) PS: if you embed media, always write artist/title in plain text as well
  17. pavuol

What SW/tools do you use to download audio files out of YOUTUBE videos?

I'd like to ask you folks for some tips how to easily download and extract original audio tracks out of Youtube videos. requirements: - freeware, ideally open source/GPL - standalone software for Windows or plugin for Firefox, Chrome, etc. - ideally support for batch/background download, easy...
  18. pavuol

5-star rating of songs on an Android device (iTunes analogy) / minitutorial

I thought this might be useful for some members. I've never owned an iPhone but long long ago I listened to music on the Ipod Nano (4g) and one thing I really liked about iTunes was its ability to let you rate songs in a 5-star manner. Later when I switched to consuming music on an Android...
  19. pavuol

BASS!

Post some nice examples of tracks that can challenge your system/headphones with lower spectrum notes. Try to include not only tracks from a "reference test suite" category but also those that are fun to listen (or you like personally). Although it's natural to expect some electronic music...
  20. pavuol

"Bright" tracks

Post some nice examples of tracks with elevated/"exaggerated" trebles. Some that you feel sound too bright on a neutral speakers/headphones and can become "problematic/annoying" on those with treble emphasis. Material sometimes referred to in reviews like "already bright tracks".
Top Bottom