Search results for query: headphone amp review

1. amirm

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Singxer SA-1 balanced headphone amplifier. It was sent to me by shenzhenaudio.com and costs US $599. While many desktop products look the same these days, I liked the more stout and positive feeling toggle switches on the SA-1: Unusual to...
  2. amirm

Schiit IEMagni Review (Headphone Amplifier)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the just announced Schiit IEMagni headphone amplifier. It was sent to me by the company for testing and costs US $119.99. Naturally IEMagni looks like other Schiit products which I tend to like in black a lot more: Operationally I wished the...
  3. amirm

Creative SXFI AMP Review (headphone adapter)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Creative Super XFi headphone amplifier and DAC "dongle." It was kindly sent to me by a member. Unfortunately it is discontinued but from what I can tell, it cost US $149. Its claim to fame was multi-channel virtualization customized to your...
  4. amirm

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Topping A30Pro balanced input and output headphone amplifier and pre-amp. It was kindly sent to me by the company. I am sorry but I don't have release date or pricing. I usually only get finished products from Topping so expect release date to...
  5. domiji

DX7 Pro Headphone Amp Upgrade?

Hello Audio Science Review Community, i own a Topping DX7 Pro for several month and i use it with a pair of Grado GS 1000 and Beyerdynamic Amiron Home. I was asking if there will be any sound quality improvement from another headphone amp connected to the DX7 Pro? Maybe a Topping A90...
  6. amirm

Focal Utopia Review (Headphone)

This is a review and technical measurements of the Focal Utopia open-back headphone. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $4,000 (not a typo). The Utopia appropriately gives off a luxury feel: The comfort was excellent despite the 500 gram weight without the heavy cord. The latter...
  7. amirm

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Hifiman Sundara planar magnetic open back headphone. It was kindly sent to me by one of their retailers, Apos Audio and costs US $349. The Sundara looks elegant and no less so than higher up in the line from Hifiman: The cups don't swivel...
  8. amirm

Schiit Jotunheim 2 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Schiit Jotunheim 2 balanced headphone amplifier including the optional DAC. Without the DAC the unit costs US $399. With the included (multibit?) DAC, it costs $599. The unit was kindly purchased new by a member and drop shipped to me. Edit...
  9. amirm

Focal Celestee Review (Headphone)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Focal Celestee closed-back headphone. It was kindly purchased new by a member and sent to me for testing. It costs US $990. The Celestee has a luxury feel to it that fits the price: I am not fond of the spring action though. The headband...
  10. amirm

Norne Audio Premium Headphone Cable Review

This is a review and technical measurements of the three Norne Audio "high-end" cables made out of Litz wire of different material. It was kindly sent to me by a member for testing. The cables are slight variation of what is sold currently although visually they seem the same: The one on...
  11. amirm

Hifiman Ananda Review (headphone)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Hifiman Ananda open-back, planar magnetic headphone. It was kindly sent to me by a member and costs US $700 on Amazon including Prime shipping (retail $999). This is one massive headphone! As you see, it dwarfs the panther next to it. For...
  12. Martin

SOLD: Project Polaris Headphone Amp $120

Garage1217.com Project Polaris headphone amplifier and preamplifer. Comes with a MeanWell 100-240V 50/60Hz power supply. Works perfectly. Rated 8/10 for age only. This was originally sold as a completed unit and not DIY. $120 with free insured shipping within the contiguous US. Only selling...
  13. Z

Level disparity in headphone amp reviews

Here are THD and SINAD measurements from three recent reviews, each of these three headphone amplifiers was tested using a different signal level; the Topping L30 at 2V, the Topping A90 at 4V, and the THX AAA 789 at 6V. This represents as much as 12dB difference in input signal level between...
  14. B

Headphone amp (Atom vs AAA ONE) for audio interface (Babyface Pro).

Hello. I've been using RME Babyface Pro (OG, not FS) for everything pretty much since its release. The only thing that irks me through the usage is the pop up sound on the device's power up on all outputs. While i can mitigate that on my studio monitors (KH120) by simply powering them up after...
  15. amirm

ZMF Atticus Review (Headphone)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the ZMF Atticus headphone. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $1,099. Member sent me three pairs of pad for them but they all look the same and neither he, nor I know if these are stock ones or not. Looking at the pictures online, they...
  16. amirm

Measurements of Singxer SA-1 Headphone Amp(Preview)

Review is out: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/singxer-sa-1-review-balanced-headphone-amp.23365/
  17. Berwhale

Recommended options to drive Sennheiser 560s headphones

...the only redeeming feature of the ifi Zen DAC is that it's a cheap way into balanced headphone amplification... ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum Since the HD 560s are not balanced (and don't look like they could easily be modified to be) I would sell...
  18. raistlin65

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Shanling UP4 Bluetooth headphone amp / DAC is on sale for $80 at Musictek https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/holiday-sale/products/shanling-up4-bluetooth-headphone-amp Amir recently reviewed it...
  19. amirm

Audeze LCD-24 Review (Headphone)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Audeze LCD-24. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $3,499. I must say, this is a manly looking headphone: It would fit right at home with someone wearing their leathers and driving a Harley Davidson motorcycle! :) There is an...
  20. RickSanchez

wich stack ? topping (D30pro+A30pro) , smsl (sh-9 + su-9) or ?

You could also consider a Schiit stack that measures well: DAC: Modius (balanced) $200 Amp: Magnius (balanced) $200 or the IEMagni $120. You can also take a look at these DAC/amp combos.
Top Bottom