Search results for query: xlr rca

1. olds1959special

Converting balanced TRS or XLR to RCA?

Is there any loss of quality when converting balanced TRS or XLR to RCA as opposed to using a normal RCA output? I mean, using an XLR to RCA adaptor for example, instead of just using an RCA output. I'm aware it's not balanced, but compared to the regular RCA, will there be a quality loss...
  2. B

Gustard R26 XLR, RCA SQ

This issue has been touched upon but not precisely, when BOTH XLR and RCA outputs are being used simultaneously…. Setup: XLR out (via converter) to RCA monoblocks, short run, AND RCA out to dual subs with independent gain and crossover control. Audible, unmeasured findings seem that once the...
  3. M

Topping A90D XLR bleeding into RCA?

Hello, I just noticed today on my Topping A90D headphone amp that when I set the output on the front panel to RCA, and something happens to be connected and playing through the XLR input, I can hear a little bit from the XLR bleeding through. It's quiet but definitely audible. Why would that be?
  4. G

Interesting Eversolo DMP A6 RCA vs XLR/RCA output ..

I love my A8 so much I picked up a A6ME for my patio system . My amp is an old B&K EX-442 200w /ch , dual mono I’ve owned for 30+ years and works perfectly - recently serviced. It only has RCA inputs. I hooked up the new A6 via RCA cables and selected RCA as the output. The volume was VERY...
  5. N

RCA to XLR adapter and amp gain

I am trying to get information on amp gain when converting an amps XLR input to RCA by the use of a passive adapter. To clarify, using an RCA out from a preamp, to an XLR input on the amp. Specifically a hypex amp using an nCore module. The manual states an input gain of 28db. However, it does...
  6. A

RCA VS XLR

Everybody said XLR better than RCA but in real world from my experince i found : XLR: - Less noise - Less body - Dry RCA: - More noisey - Rich tone - Big body - Sweet How to get RCA with less noise?
  7. J

XLR to RCA Subwoofer new idea?

I have been going back and forth with particularly subs with manageable weight and low extension. It seems like you can never get the perfect set of features. Some have XLR and some are more affordable but only have RCA. Assuming a XLR preamp or processor this is a dilemma. Spend thousands...
  8. Acerun

RCA to RCA or RCA to XLR - Any difference?

I can't seem to find the answer. Are there any differences or benefits to using one or the other? Use case - Denon X8500H RCA preout to Purifi amp that accepts either XLR or RCA.
  9. B

DAC XLR to AMP RCA

I‘m planning to complement my amp with a dac that is placed in a different corner of the room — multiple meters apart. From what I‘ve read, an XLR connection is strongly preferrable for long distances. The dac I consider getting (dacmagic 200m) has XLR outs, however, my amp (axa35) only has...
  10. G

RCA to XLR adapter and lifting ground

Hi! I have been meaning to try an RCA to XLR adapter or cable and see if there is a way to get rid of a hum in my AMP. I have tried connecting common ground and all sorts of things but the only thing that worked so far is a cheater plug for the AMP but I rather not use that and find a different...
  11. H

both RCA and XLR on some (or all DIY) Class D modules

I've noticed that Audiophonics uses a small circuit board marked "RCA/XLR SELECT" on many of its own-brand power amplifiers. Is this just a switch? Or are there components (resistors, capacitors) involved? Is there any risk of Crosstalk if both sources are On? Is it possible to use the same...
  12. Dunring

Doesn't 1/4" RCA negate the benefits of XLR connectors?

A lot of stuff is going to 1/4" RCA, and I have adapters and also 1/4" to XLR cables. I just saw some "Worlds Best" cables advertising the star quad design and they were 1/4" to XLR as well. Doesn't the RCA end completely remove the benefits of XLR though? Audibly I can't tell any difference in...
  13. amirm

Henry Engineering Matchbox HD RCA/XLR Converter

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Henry Engineering The Matchbox HD unbalanced to/from balanced active converter. It was kindly drop shipped to me by a member and costs US $250. While stamped steel, the box is heavy and sturdy which fits the purpose. Trims are provided to...
  14. elshaddai

Recommendations for a DAC with analog volume control, USB In and 2 RCA preamp outputs?

Trying to put together a simple desktop setup. I have a Buckeye 252 power amp (XLR input, have RCA-to-XLR cables already) and a sub with RCA Line In. Would like to find a simple DAC with USB input from my PC, has an analog volume control and two RCA Line Out options, one for power amp, one for...
  15. K

How do I connect the stack to audio speakers correctly?

Good time of day. Please tell me how best to connect the Airpulse A300 pro stereo pair to my stack. Stack Topping D90SE\A90D. Is it possible to connect the A300 XLR to the A90D (already connected by XLR balance to the DAC)? Or do I need to change the circuit by reconnecting the stack via RCA to...
  16. N

Do I need a Balanced XLR to Unbalanced RCA Convertor Box?

Most of my audio production and listening equipment are in XLR connections but my integrated amp is in RCA only. Do I need to buy myself a XLR to RCA convertor box, or just get the appropriate adaptors or cables with the correct fittings and call it a day? Edit: In case the answer is yes I do...
  17. Zek

Making my own RCA -> XLR cables

How does the signal flow, from XLR to RCA or from RCA to XLR? If source is an XLR, then you should be careful if the source can be fried if it is connected to the RCA input in this way. If RCA is the signal source, then this above remark is not important.
  18. rolltide

It will be for wiring an RCA output (Denon AVR-X3800H) to an XLR input (Buckeye Amps NC502MP).
  19. K

Little Bear MC3 XLR & RCA Switch Review

Useful little box, but different, since it is not really a switch but more like a four channel 2+2 mixer. You can adjust levels for both BAL and UNBAL but not take them out completely unless, of course, you pull the cables.
  20. rolltide

Would it work better to jump Pin 1 and Pin 3 on the XLR connector? XLR XLR Pin 1: Shield (jumped to Pin 3) XLR Pin 2: Hot XLR Pin 3: Cold RCA RCA Cup: Hot RCA Sleeve: Shield
Top Bottom