• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please, for the love of God - Help me. Revel Performa 3 M106.

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Okay, so. I've set up the speakers, with the WiiM amp. I desperately don't want to sound sensationalist, but, I feel like this is the first time in my life I've ever heard music. To say I am blown away is an understatement. Overwhelmed just about cuts it.
It's nice, isn't it! Welcome :)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Okay, so. I've set up the speakers, with the WiiM amp. I desperately don't want to sound sensationalist, but, I feel like this is the first time in my life I've ever heard music. To say I am blown away is an understatement. Overwhelmed just about cuts it.
Fantastic!

Now imagine that you can do even better..? Your little amp has some features to EQ your system. That means that you have some (currently limited, but firmware upgrade should expand this) ability to shape the sound in your room by applying corrections. All you need to do it get yourself a calibrated microphone and spent some time learning how to use it.

OP
SabreVenga

SabreVenga

Okay folks. Green boy here. I have one small issue.

So, playing music is beautiful through WIFI, however. When I try and stream through Bluetooth for say, example, YouTube - I get horrific lag. To an unusable point.

If I want to use these speakers with my TV, how do I do this without lag? I understand that Bluetooth is out of the equation, but, I have cables at my disposal that were included in the box. I just have no idea what to plug in where. Help please.

To clarify, the cables seem to be HDMI / RCA Optical Cables?

Elitzur–Vaidman

Okay folks. Green boy here. I have one small issue.

So, playing music is beautiful through WIFI, however. When I try and stream through Bluetooth for say, example, YouTube - I get horrific lag. To an unusable point.

If I want to use these speakers with my TV, how do I do this without lag? I understand that Bluetooth is out of the equation, but, I have cables at my disposal that were included in the box. I just have no idea what to plug in where. Help please.

To clarify, the cables seem to be HDMI / RCA Optical Cables?
Your TV probably has an optical output, so you'll want to connect the TV's optical output to the Wiim's optical input via a toslink cable.

OP
SabreVenga

SabreVenga

Your TV probably has an optical output, so you'll want to connect the TV's optical output to the Wiim's optical input via a toslink cable.
Thanks for your reply. So, toslink. What's that? I have an LG G1 - There won't be any lag with toslink? Will I have to manually change my TV output or will it automatically pick it up

Elitzur–Vaidman

Thanks for your reply. So, toslink. What's that? I have an LG G1 - There won't be any lag with toslink? Will I have to manually change my TV output or will it automatically pick it up
optical-output-jpeg.3188154

"Optical Digital Audio Out" is toslink. It's just a simple way to send audio over optical cables and it should introduce absolutely no lag. I use toslink to connect my LG G2 to my DAC, and it works automatically. The one setting you might need to change is to set your optical audio out to PCM only (the Wiim doesn't support toslink dts). HDMI ARC is also a suitable option.

Godataloss

The WiiM amp has HDMI ARC, that should work perfectly well with your TV.
I would second this route. If it's a smart tv and he's using apps or a dongle toslink is a crap shoot at times in my experience. eArc seems to work flawlessly unless in my situation for stereo (2 channel) output- Multichannel DTS or Atmos can have issues.

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
Anyone is free to choose what they want.
Other go for cheap,others for performance,others for looks,etc.

In my recommendations I reflect myself,safety,ease,care free operation,headroom,looks and performance.
And I know it would be a boring world if we all liked the same stuff.
Those can all be had (except maybe looks) for $2 a foot plus connectors.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Those can all be had (except maybe looks) for $2 a foot plus connectors.
So $12 for 6 feet bare cable (never found really flexible one as needed for a desk for that price with decent size copper inside but let's say you know of one ) .
Lets say another $2 for black and red heat shrink to insulate and mark right polarity of the bananas.
Now,show me 8 nice banana plugs for a decent price (the ones than don't go silver or black instead of gold on their contacts when time passes)

I guess OP as he stated can't solder (so he has to find bananas with screws) or measure resistance for sanity after making them but lets say he has a friend he can.Wouldn't you buy a coffee or a drink and a nice desert for it's time?Add that to the cost.
Wouldn't your time putting them all together worth something?

Not far for the asked price after all that I think and looks will be highly questionable.

Edit:I forgot looks!

Last edited:
OP
SabreVenga

SabreVenga

So $12 for 6 feet bare cable (never found really flexible one as needed for a desk for that price with decent size copper inside but let's say you know of one ) .
Lets say another $2 for black and red heat shrink to insulate and mark right polarity of the bananas.
Now,show me 8 nice banana plugs for a decent price (the ones than don't go silver or black instead of gold on their contacts when time passes)

I guess OP as he stated can't solder (so he has to find bananas with screws) or measure resistance for sanity after making them but lets say he has a friend he can.Wouldn't you buy a coffee or a drink and a nice desert for it's time?Add that to the cost.
Wouldn't your time putting them all together worth something?

Not far for the asked price after all that I think and looks will be highly questionable.

Edit:I forgot looks!
Yeah, no. That sounds like an absolute nightmare. The recommended cables are flawless and feel very high quality I'm happy

Top Bottom