• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$100k speakers Meridian DSP8000 to $

Kamrooz

Hey all ,
Just perched a pier of 40th Aniversary but missing top part and no other accessories,
I thought can find pair of head unit and match paint with the speaker ?? But not sure where can I buy and also how can I run those speakers?
Also what is your opinion of this speaker?
IMG_0265.jpeg

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Contact Meridian ;) these have serial numbers. Contact the closest Meridian dealer

Afaik you do not buy these separatly , you buy a complete speaker .
So are these stolen or something ? You don’t simply ”loose” the top . Especially with the custom ordered paint these have. They can not have gone separate ways in good faith .

There is also a very good Meridian forum.

DanielT

Major Contributor
Hey all ,
Just perched a pier of 40th Aniversary but missing top part and no other accessories,
I thought can find pair of head unit and match paint with the speaker ?? But not sure where can I buy and also how can I run those speakers?
Also what is your opinion of this speaker? View attachment 358851
But didn't the seller just forget to send the top speakers/ or head unit as you call them?
Did you pick them up physically from a seller? Or were they sent in packages? If in a package, maybe your head unit got lost in the package handling?

The top speakers/unit are not exactly small so for the seller to neglect or forget them should be a clumsy act but you never know, stranger things have happened.
2000x1250_specialedition_dsp8000se_10.jpg

...can I run those speakers?
You only have the bass modules of the speakers. Because you have active speakers with various DSP settings so check with the manual how to do it if you only want to power them up.If you just want to test if they work and sound that is. :)

Edit:
Do you have a receipt for the purchase? Warranty certificate? Any documents showing what you bought? Any detailed specification of what is included in the purchase?

Maybe the top unit/speakers will be sent to you a little later? When did you receive the bass modules?

Last edited:
OP
K

Kamrooz

Contact Meridian ;) these have serial numbers. Contact the closest Meridian dealer

So are these stolen or something ? You don’t simply ”loose” the top . Especially with the custom ordered paint these have. They can not have gone separate ways in good faith .

Thank you so much for replying
I bought from estate sales and yes it’s crazy how they sold the top separately Or lost them , I will try to find out but if not will sadly sale as part

OP
K

Kamrooz

But didn't the seller just forget to send the top speakers/ or head unit as you call them?
Did you pick them up physically from a seller? Or were they sent in packages? If in a package, maybe your head unit got lost in the package handling?

The top speakers/unit are not exactly small so for the seller to neglect or forget them should be a clumsy act but you never know, stranger things have happened.
View attachment 358858

...can I run those speakers?
You only have the bass modules of the speakers. Because you have active speakers with various DSP settings so check with the manual how to do it if you only want to power them up.If you just want to test if they work and sound that is. :)

Edit:
Do you have a receipt for the purchase? Warranty certificate? Any documents showing what you bought? Any detailed specification of what is included in the purchase?

Maybe the top unit/speakers will be sent to you a little later? When did you receive the bass modules?
Thank you so much for reply
I bought from estate sales and they don’t have any idea why missing the top part and they think sold separately,
I also not sure how they sound like but just think the those expensive speakers should better than B&W 802 d3 or I’m totally wrong!
I still trying bring back them to life but maybe not worth it will figure out
Thanks

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you so much for reply
I bought from estate sales and they don’t have any idea why missing the top part and they think sold separately,
I also not sure how they sound like but just think the those expensive speakers should better than B&W 802 d3 or I’m totally wrong!
I still trying bring back them to life but maybe not worth it will figure out
Thanks
These where good albeit very expensive , what you have are the bass drivers and the electronics. The Head units had the midrange and beryllium tweeters if these where SE ?

Aks for advice in the meridian forum I linked these guys know this stuff .

here is a manual .

OP
K

Kamrooz

These where good albeit very expensive , what you have are the bass drivers and the electronics. The Head units had the midrange and beryllium tweeters if these where SE ?

Aks for advice in the meridian forum I linked these guys know this stuff .

here is a manual .

tH
Thanks A lot , i really love to complete them
I Already create account on Meridian And ask for help
Much appreciated for link
Best

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Can you please send me more info about remote ? I don’t have any accessories
I'm sure Meridian can help you with that.

OP
K

Kamrooz

Thanks , I will try Why those speakers so complicated?!

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
All you can hope for is Meridian don't retain spare parts for that model. Then you can part out what you've bought at a big profit- otherwise, you've been sold a pup. Meridian won't have complete speakers in that colour as parts, and even if they did, it'd be many thousands of $ to replace a pair of the mid/treble speakers.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kamrooz

Hope I can find the top part so I will try rematch the paint ! I don’t think is big deal

Top Bottom