• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TV Series Suggestion Please

danadam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It appears to be a built-in part of the new FF version that was just updated this morning on my system.
AFAIR it's there for quite some time now. Maybe you didn't notice because it pops up only on pages that link to some DRM content and on this page of the thread someone linked to Apple Music. Do you see it on previous pages?

Ken1951

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you watch anything from the MCU, "Echo" which features an important character from "Hawkeye" is very, very good. The main character is superb.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
AFAIR it's there for quite some time now. Maybe you didn't notice because it pops up only on pages that link to some DRM content and on this page of the thread someone linked to Apple Music. Do you see it on previous pages?
I see it on this page but not on the previous page.
Seems fair reasoning because the screen capture specifically states "...on this page."
Opening a youtube music-video (FF/Cntrl+T) does not roll-down the same DRM notification << odd!:confused:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I see it on this page but not on the previous page.
Seems fair reasoning because the screen capture specifically states "...on this page."
Opening a youtube music-video (FF/Cntrl+T) does not roll-down the same DRM notification << odd!:confused:
Maybe try the Brave browser and see if it works.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Kin

Irish organised crime in Dublin.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I would suggest that. It is good enough waiting a week between episodes is a drag.
When I saw references to Shogun (here and elsewhere), I kinda ignored it thinking that it was going to be an ordeal with the native spoken language.
I have an aversion to foreign flicks; because they are like watching them with one eye on the video... all the while, the second eye is reading the subtitles!:mad:
Nice to learn that Shogun is not such a movie.:)
EDIT: Shogun turns out to be mostly in Japanese << No thanks.

Last edited:

Triliza

Forum Donor
I am a fan of Japanese movies and series, period and contemporary, but usually I don't enjoy too much the mix of Japanese and Western elements on the same plot. This has been the case lately for Tokyo Vice and Shogun (first episode).

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
When I saw references to Shogun (here and elsewhere), I kinda ignored it thinking that it was going to be an ordeal with the native spoken language.
I have an aversion to foreign flicks; because they are like watching them with one eye on the video... all the while, the second eye is reading the subtitles!:mad:
Nice to learn that Shogun is not such a movie.:)
EDIT: Shogun turns out to be mostly in Japanese << No thanks.
It's about half in Japanese. I know lots of people don't watch with subtitles. I don't mind. I prefer it to some with all English voice overs that are terrible. Like a 17 year old voice doing a 60 year old character.

In the case of Shogun I don't know how it could be done without two languages. They already are substituting English for Portuguese.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
I just finished it. Some of it is quite entertaining and funny. Another off beat comedy on Netflix is Fisk. Might or might not be your cup of tea. About a somewhat less than stellar Australian attorney or I guess they call them solicitors.

Yes I thought Loudermilk was great in a low-key way. I watched all of it.

I tried another show Flaked with a similar premise and setup but it somehow lacked charm/wit so I gave up on that.

Haven't seen Fisk, didn't realise it was Australian so must check it out. I enjoyed the original Australian series Rake (I haven't tried the US remake).

Rick63

All my favorite TV shows are on 2 free channels - AntennaTV and MeTV. I don't have cable/internet and I'm not a fan of most modern TV shows.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
All my favorite TV shows are on 2 free channels - AntennaTV and Me TV. I don't have cable and I'm not a fan of most modern TV shows.
Can you (or do you) record the content on an over-the-air DVR; so that you can skip the #$%^ commercials?
We watched every season of "Lost in Space" during Sunday dinner (ME-TV on cable DVR but w/o ads).
The show was cheezy, low-budget and may even be considered pointless but at least it was anything but a "modern TV show"!:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom