• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF Ci250RRM

Kurly

So back to my question... how do you build the wall/ceiling to not ruin the speaker? Resilient channel is not rated to support the load of a normal speaker, especially in the ceiling, and this is not a normal speaker. It weighs twice as much as the rest of their architectural line..
I'm doing the same thing right now. Slowly building my next cinema room with a floating wall/ceiling. I've removed all power, wires, pipes etc behind the wall to be surface mounted within large trunking etc.

..But for the surround and rear speakers, I'm going to build surface mounted full wall height boxes, so as not to cut into the walls. Then suspend them a little and rest them with some kind of rubber backs so as to help with decoupling them from the walls too.

Now if you have to cut into the walls, I would have build large back boxes to help with the recommended box volume.

Good luck with yours!

Descartes

Major Contributor
I'm doing the same thing right now. Slowly building my next cinema room with a floating wall/ceiling. I've removed all power, wires, pipes etc behind the wall to be surface mounted within large trunking etc.

..But for the surround and rear speakers, I'm going to build surface mounted full wall height boxes, so as not to cut into the walls. Then suspend them a little and rest them with some kind of rubber backs so as to help with decoupling them from the walls too.

Now if you have to cut into the walls, I would have build large back boxes to help with the recommended box volume.

Good luck with yours!
What size box do you build, is there a recommended volume for each in wall KEF Speakers? I seem to recall that they had a table somewhere but can’t find it anywhere!

this is me

What size box do you build, is there a recommended volume for each in wall KEF Speakers? I seem to recall that they had a table somewhere but can’t find it anywhere!
IMG_0873.jpeg

jonfitch

I feel like this driver could go into something like a Revel Gem 2-form factor and could be sold as a bookshelf version of the Blade or something...

A pair of these with some subs would make a really interesting HT setup. High dynamic range, point source coaxial with zero IMD (or excursion) issues even with very demanding material.

Blackdevil77

Is this speaker going to get measured at some point? I'd like to see that. Would also like to see what compression looks like similar to Erins instantaneous compression test.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is this speaker going to get measured at some point? I'd like to see that. Would also like to see what compression looks like similar to Erins instantaneous compression test.
Not until someone buys one and sends it in :)

Blackdevil77

Anyone looking to purchase one? I may or may not have a source that may make it worth someone’s while if they allow it to be measured

Daka

I wonder if those would be better for LCR than ci3160rl(m). 10” LF driver has bigger surface area than 2 6.5”, mid woofer is smaller but then crossover is higher. We don’t know what dynamic compression is like and distortion levels. But beside that it does look like better speaker for less? It should have wide directivity (Compared to meta version of 3160).

Lbstyling

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I wonder if those would be better for LCR than ci3160rl(m). 10” LF driver has bigger surface area than 2 6.5”, mid woofer is smaller but then crossover is higher. We don’t know what dynamic compression is like and distortion levels. But beside that it does look like better speaker for less? It should have wide directivity (Compared to meta version of 3160).
We know some of this information. Mid and tweeter of the ci250rrm is the same as the unit found in the LS60 that Erin measured.

Top Bottom