• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I don’t think these will be at Munich but I would very much like to hear a pair.View attachment 348974
I have a friend who has heard these, says they are impressive.
I know Danley Sound Labs makes some well respected stuff. A bit surprised to see them claim 14Hz extension, though. (Edit: just saw the FR in the link is -10dB, so that makes more sense.)

Last edited:
Reactions: MKR

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The triangles are Danley paralines, with a 140 degree horizontal dispersion, the slate ones are Pure Sound Project a collaboration between Rose woodworking, Purifi ( drivers and amps) and OKTO research.
Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have a friend who has heard these, says they are impressive.
I know Danley Sound Labs makes some well respected stuff. A bit surprised to see them claim 14Hz extension, though.
The HREs we had here with twin 15” had ‘extended’ bass response, so much so that I was worried about plaster cracking.
Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes four x10” doesn’t quite cut it.
Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
i have only heard the HRE’s but I have asked to hear the Toblerone’s I think they might be more suitable for domestic.
Keith

MKR

Major Contributor
i have only heard the HRE’s but I have asked to hear the Toblerone’s I think they might be more suitable for domestic.
Keith
Toblerone? What are those? And I keep seeing reference to ILE and HRE. One and the same or different. Ya got me all sorts of confused :p

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Yes four x10” doesn’t quite cut it.
Keith
I was always somewhat shocked that their big Subwoofer builds weren't rated with more extension than they are. Mid to upper 20s in most cases. Pro design paradigm rather than home audio/HT.
I think that's what caught me off guard when I saw these specs on the "smaller" Speakers.

MKR

Major Contributor
The triangles are Danley paralines, with a 140 degree horizontal dispersion, the slate ones are Pure Sound Project a collaboration between Rose woodworking, Purifi ( drivers and amps) and OKTO research.
Keith
Pure Sound Project? Have a link? You are just a big tease today Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Toblerone? What are those? And I keep seeing reference to ILE and HRE. One and the same or different. Ya got me all sorts of confused :p
Do you not have Toblerone!
IMG_3496.jpeg

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

ryanosaur

Major Contributor

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Who makes these? Obviously the Purifi Drivers top and bottom... but what are the Speaks, please? :)
Apparently:

also:
Note that it says the woofers are Purifi's new 10" woofer. That should be interesting. $800+ each perhaps?

Last edited:

MKR

Major Contributor
Top Bottom