• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Music is dead.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Birdsong is the only really good music. Things have been going downhill for 150 million years.
I particularly appreciate the "original instruments" approach, personally.

1621025183784.png

1621025233806.png

weasels

Surely it's obvious that 'everything was better in the past'?

Of course - after all, those angelic birds never had bodyguards either. And we all know that if you're popular enough to need a bodyguard, your music must be terrible.

I enjoy the sentiment that anyone who wants to get rich doing what they love is doing it wrong. It's only true passion if you wear sackcloth and sing on street corners for a crust of bread.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
...I remember the first 'ugh'

That was my ancestor that was (I was there when……..), 187,354 years ago whilst crossing the Makgadikgadi pans in Africa he stood in a bison turd and uttered the very first human word “ugh”, the story (not the turd) has been passed down through every generation since.

Andysu

Major Contributor
Here it is, Technics emo demo that are trying so hard to sing against the rubbish music. This doesn't get the ASR headless panther, it gets the Cat Litter Box!

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Technically the Big Bang had everything contained within it, so everything since is derivative and worthy of scorn

Quite true, and that is why “Moby” sang “We Are All Made Of Stars”

Glad that’s settled, so now we’ve sorted music, how about dealing with World Peace?

Top Bottom