• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

ironhorse128

Forum Donor
You must have some load on another unused channel, because D-class chips must not be unloaded when powered.
I did not know that. I am not a technical expert, just getting into diy. I appreciate the concern.

DuncanTodd

Hi amigos,

I finally Found the alternative to my Aiyima A04 (Tilear 2.1 with best caps)

Got the new TPA3255 and I will review it later (waiting for my new case) but I can already share some pictures and made an 1 hour test ! sounds Amazing out of the box :) The stock module is fully equiped with Nichicon caps, dead silence no POP when switching ON / OFF, ultra compact size and sounds really better with these minor updates :

For TPA3255 module : Remove 2X Nichicon VZ serie 2200UF/63V > Install 2X Nichicon 4700UF KW serie (low ESR Audio grade)

For LLC SMPS PSU : Remove Output Caps 2X Nichicon PM serie 50V/1800UF > Install 2X Nichicon 2200UF KW serie (Audio grade)

OP amps : Remove NES5532 Op amps > Install Genuine OPA1656 DIP8 socket (mouser)

Will let you know more when the amplifier is going to be fully assembled )

Stock version

A small 110*70*35MM TPA3255 module with :

SAGAMI 7W14A inductors

Full Nichicon caps, as below :

Nichicon 2200UF/63V VZ serie power caps

Nichicon FW serie Buffer caps (Audio Grade)

DIP8 OP amps socket
Sounds good.
Shui Yuan have a couple of finished TPA3255 amps, but don't look like the same board.

Ralferator

Hi amigos,

Got the new TPA3255 and I will review it later (waiting for my new case) but I can already share some pictures and made an 1 hour test ! sounds Amazing out of the box :) The stock module is fully equiped with Nichicon caps, dead silence no POP when switching ON / OFF, ultra compact size and sounds really better with these minor updates :

For TPA3255 module : Remove 2X Nichicon VZ serie 2200UF/63V > Install 2X Nichicon 4700UF KW serie (low ESR Audio grade)

For LLC SMPS PSU : Remove Output Caps 2X Nichicon PM serie 50V/1800UF > Install 2X Nichicon 2200UF KW serie (Audio grade)

Stock version

SAGAMI 7W14A inductors

DIP8 OP amps socket

Thank you for sharing! So did i understand you right that the module sounds amazing already stock without modifications?

And did you ever try one of those before?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

daniboun

Major Contributor
Thank you for sharing! So did i understand you right that the module sounds amazing already stock without modifications?

And did you ever try one of those before?

These one are not good... this has been discussed in some other forums.

The one I've been testing sounds amazing out of the box and with the updates better ! I will share a review soon, need to listen more....

Work in progress :

daniboun

Major Contributor
Where did this 350W LLC PSU 48V / 7.2A SMPS come from (brand / model)?

From ali. I updated the output caps : Removed 2X Nichicon PM serie 50V/1800UF > Install 2X Nichicon 2200UF KW serie audio grade

memphiskat

Hi amigos,

Stock version

SAGAMI 7W14A inductors

DIP8 OP amps socket

Do you, or does anyone, have a link for a wire/harness kit for this amp? I've done some searching and not finding anything.
Or maybe a kit for a box like the ones Ghent Audio makes for IcePower boards?

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This one comes with SMPS:

AIYIMA with SMPS.jpg

Ralferator

Looks interesting. Its a monoblock with 2 RCA and digital input :rolleyes:!!!!
Ah, i just realized. I guess to use as Subwoofer amp and connect a stereo amp to the output for the Satellites. Sadly i don’t see low or high pass filters. I would prefer the stereo version to have a subwoofer out and switchable high pass for the satellites at 80hz.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

Take a look @ DIYaudio, I have already reviewed all those TPA3255, including the Zero Zone that I made myself.
I own almost all TPA3255 in the market )

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

Just finished my new Shui Yuan Amplifier. Sounds very very well )
Some pictures so you can compare with my updated Aiyima A04

As per reminder, what I did :

Stock version

SAGAMI 7W14A inductors

DIP8 OP amps socket

My minor Updates :

For LLC SMPS PSU : Remove Output Caps 2X Nichicon PM serie 50V/1800UF > Install 2X Nichicon 2200UF KW serie

OP amps : Remove NES5532 Op amps > Install OPA1656

Full Setup:

Updated TPA3255 Module with full Nichicon Audio Grade caps (110*70*35MM)

SMPS LLC 600W PSU small factor Nichicon caps (113mm * 67mm * 56mm)

Aiyima A50 AC DC Filter (anti RMI/RFI) board

Full Copper twisted wires

Full Aluminium black case BRZHIFI (131*249*55mm.)

Premium Banana plugs

I still want to point out that I took enormous risks in assembling this amplifier. Indeed, the Nichicon KW caps and the PSU radiator have to fit within 1mm in the case) I was lucky. Keep in mind that the maximum size of installable caps is 20x40 for the module and if you want to update the film caps, the pitch is between 0.5 and 0.75mm per information.

I I highly recommend going for this case instead, which is slightly taller and longer :

Boitier DIY Preamplificateur DAC 100% Aluminium interrupteur 300x190x70mm Noir - Audiophonics

Concerning my first long listening (I will come back to this point later ...) At this price, this amp is a little bomb! We find the grain of the lovely TPA3255, no doubt about it! But what amazed me about in this model is that it goes very low in the bass, more than the other Chinese models that I have been able to test. I have the feeling that the made mods have something to do with it. I have also found the OPA1656 / Nichicon FW (25V 10UF) combo to pair well ! The mids are well detached when listening, everything is balanced and clean. The vocals are well highlighted on the front of the soundstage and the treble never aggressive, I really like what I hear)

The amplifier is really silent and has no POP on switching on and off.
I wouldn't want to say anything stupid ... but I really have the feeling that the added filter and the ferrite between the PSU and the module contain the interference caused by my BT connection; it is certainly not perfect but it is is very good ( I stream via BT Aptx HD).

I will share a video tonight )

Pictures :

Ralferator

Hi amigos,

Stock version

SAGAMI 7W14A inductors

DIP8 OP amps socket

My minor Updates :

For LLC SMPS PSU : Remove Output Caps 2X Nichicon PM serie 50V/1800UF > Install 2X Nichicon 2200UF KW serie

Full Setup:

Premium Banana plugs

I still want to point out that I took enormous risks in assembling this amplifier. Indeed, the Nichicon KW caps and the PSU radiator have to fit within 1mm in the case) I was lucky. Keep in mind that the maximum size of installable caps is 20x40 for the module and if you want to update the film caps, the pitch is between 0.5 and 0.75mm per information.

I I highly recommend going for this case instead, which is slightly taller and longer :

Boitier DIY Preamplificateur DAC 100% Aluminium interrupteur 300x190x70mm Noir - Audiophonics

Concerning my first long listening (I will come back to this point later ...) At this price, this amp is a little bomb! We find the grain of the lovely TPA3255, no doubt about it! But what amazed me about in this model is that it goes very low in the bass, more than the other Chinese models that I have been able to test. I have the feeling that the made mods have something to do with it. I have also found the OPA1656 / Nichicon FW (25V 10UF) combo to pair well ! The mids are well detached when listening, everything is balanced and clean. The vocals are well highlighted on the front of the soundstage and the treble never aggressive, I really like what I hear)

I wouldn't want to say anything stupid ... but I really have the feeling that the added filter and the ferrite between the PSU and the module contain the interference caused by my BT connection; it is certainly not perfect but it is is very good ( I stream via BT Aptx HD).

Pictures :

Thank you for your impressions. Nicely done!
What i don't understand is that you say it goes deeper in the bass. How is this possible? I saw Amir's review of the Aiyima A07 and it goes down to 10hz just like it should. How can this amp go deeper? Do you mean that it sounds deeper? Or does it play louder in the low bass region?

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi amigos,

Stock version

SAGAMI 7W14A inductors

DIP8 OP amps socket

My minor Updates :

Full Setup:

Premium Banana plugs

Pictures :

Amazing.. Congrats.

Top Bottom