• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

Katji

Major Contributor

:) I saw Lemmy playing with The Damned in 1980, London.

There was a brief period between when you broke up and re-formed in which you were playing with Lemmy Kilmister from Motörhead. What do you remember about that time?
Captain Sensible:
We knew Lemmy because he was a permanent feature in Dingwalls, a club in London. He was famous for propping up the [coin-slot] fruit machine all night. And he’d run out of money, the fruit machine had taken it all, and he’d go, “Lend-me a fiver,” so people called him Lemmy. You have to understand, before Motörhead made Ace of Spades and those albums that went stratospheric, they were a pub-rock band.
Vanian: We didn’t have a bass player, because Captain had gone onto guitar. Someone said, “Why don’t we ask Lemmy?” It seemed like a crazy idea. And he accepted.
“I always thought we had more in common with The Damned than Judas Priest,” Lemmy told me. “Sid Vicious begged me to teach him bass. I tried, but he was fucking useless.”

Last edited:

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

xykreinov

Forum Donor
The video project I'm working on requires songs of the "baller" type. :cool: These are some of the choices I've narrowed it down to:
I particularly like listening to Pensamento at 1.5x speed. It becomes a very hard test of a speaker/headphone's bass separation ability at the drop at 1:12. Though, I don't listen to it through Invidious (a frontend I use for YouTube), as YouTube's speeding up causes distortion; which is the case for most edits that are sped up live. I sped up the mp3 linked in its description in Audacity, and exported a lossless file to avoid further further degradation from an already lossy source.
https://files.catbox.moe/gizw0l.flac

Last edited:

murraycamp

Forum Donor
1608558831800.png

Willem

Major Contributor
J.S. Bach, das Weihnachtsoratorium under N. Harnoncourt, 2007 recording. One of history's most important pieces of music, and a superb interpretation. More than appropriate for the season, even for an atheist like me.

spigot

My favourite Christmas song.
Elliphant - North Star (Bloody Christmas)

Katji

Major Contributor
Rhythmic Culture
RC:045 HANN

https://soundcloud.com/rhythmicculturerecords%2Frc045-hann
We're taking it on a slightly different cut with this week's podcast. The mix is full of film scores, ranging from Dirty Harry
to Blade and Black Panther, curated by someone close to our hearts; HANN (50% of Mahabe137). In his own words: "This
set contains soundtracks, monologues and scores from movies that touched me deeply or played a huge role in my life."

1608659148318-png.791689

murraycamp

Forum Donor
1608660202747.png

Top Bottom