• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Paul says you must lift speaker cables of the floor for better sound quality...

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Can we please stop posting this crap here.

peanuts

infinity IRS
maxresdefault.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
infinity IRS
maxresdefault.jpg
Ahh I recognize those. They've been around for awhile. I'd love to hear them for sure. :D I went to the CES Vegas Show 5 years running and I never saw them there.

raif71

Major Contributor

But of course, you can't lift them by using your own stands (not that it will make any difference), you must buy 1000$ audiophile lifters for that...

I guess Paul is (brain) dead, after all...
Thanks... I enjoyed the video. Saw it twice but he didn't say spend 1k for audiophile lifters, right? What I understood from him is that one doesn't have to spend money as one can do it oneself. Of course myself, I don't do it lol

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
It wasn't important to lift the cables in the past.

What changed?

1605831608047.png

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks... I enjoyed the video. Saw it twice but he didn't say spend 1k for audiophile lifters, right? What I understood from him is that one doesn't have to spend money as one can do it oneself. Of course myself, I don't do it lol
When I ran a tri-amp'd active crossover home system a buddy insisted I use cable lifers and I would hear the difference. I just snorted and giggled. :D

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Perhaps instead of lifting the cables up off the floor, keep them where they are and drop the floor a few inches. ;)

Or you might do something along these lines.....

antenna-dipole-hf-ham-installation-typical-01.jpg

Last edited:

JP

Major Contributor
But of course, you can't lift them by using your own stands (not that it will make any difference), you must buy 1000$ audiophile lifters for that...

Not that I give any credence to lifters, or a lot of the stuff Paul says, but he actually says to not spend money on them and to make your own. Sad there‘s a desire to make stuff up to bash someone.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I guess Paul is (brain) dead, after all...
No, not brain dead at all! Just a kindly, grandfatherly rip off artiste!

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Sad there‘s a desire to make stuff up to bash someone.

Exactly. Paul is doing what he does best, clearly enjoying himself, producing quality videos, and probably PS Audio has a greater presence than ever thanks to him.

People posting links to every single PS Audio youtube video and inciting yet another boring schoolyard pile-on is puerile, and does ASR no good at all.

Just leave him be.

Top Bottom