• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

MechEngVic

So, could someone say precisely what is the length of the Topping AC cable ? (for L30 and also for E30 if possible)
That way I would know if I need to anticipate and buy four extension cords.
If length is different by regions, then I would appreciate the length for EU region.
Thank you.
The manufacturing world's gonna have to start including power supply cord length in the specifications... Thanks Topping L30! :mad::p

Vini darko

Major Contributor
20200923_103953~2.jpg

Jose Hidalgo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That looks like more than 1m, and in that case I don't know why people are complaining :oops: 1m is enough for me, and probably for most people.
I hope the length is the same for EU.

Iglo

Forum Donor
I can confirm that the EU version adapter cord is 140cm long (from the base of the adapter to tip of the connector).

Jose Hidalgo

I can confirm that the EU version adapter cord is 140cm long (from the base of the adapter to tip of the connector).
Sounds great. And what about the E30 ?

Jose Hidalgo

I know the E30 DC cable is shorter (same as the USB cable I guess). I'm just wondering about its exact length : it doesn't look so short in this picture, so maybe it's enough for me. It would be easier if Topping mentioned the cable lengths.
That being said, providing at least a 1m cable should be mandatory for every manufacturer. Providing a shorter cable just to save some cents doesn't look great.

2205fccf78e78cb1ee7a6913f0e1aa5b_2048x2048.jpg

Last edited:

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I know the E30 cable is shorter. I'm just wondering about its exact length : it doesn't look so short in this picture, so maybe it's enough for me.
That being said, providing at least a 1m cable should be mandatory for every manufacturer. Providing a shorter cable just to save some cents doesn't look great.

View attachment 84440
Just checked the DC cable is also 1.2M

Jose Hidalgo

That looks great ! So that's one less thing to worry about. Big thanks. :)
It's weird that you said that the E30 only came with short cable though. Maybe it was the case in the past. But nevermind.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
That looks great ! So that's one less thing to worry about. Big thanks. :)
It's weird that you said that the E30 only came with short cable though. Maybe it was the case in the past. But nevermind.
It's probably a short DC cable that was lying around and I used it.

1roger

To @bogi

Now you may be able to actually prefer the degraded one : it's your right ! Just like some people prefer that good old "tube sound" with lots of THD. What you can't do is pretend that it's actually better from a scientific / high-fidelity point of view. It's not and it will never be, so just drop it

high fidelity. well `all` we hear is the mixing console anyway, not the true sound of the band/singer...one need a live preferably acoustic performance for `high fidelity`. the only goal people should be concerned about in their homes, is the best sound possible for their own ears

raif71

Major Contributor
high fidelity. well `all` we hear is the mixing console anyway, not the true sound of the band/singer...one need a live preferably acoustic performance for `high fidelity`. the only goal people should be concerned about in their homes, is the best sound possible for their own ears

That may be the "ideal" case but for some, nothing can satisfy their ears so they settle with a system that can be considered measured well even though ear wise it is still so so to them. Of course I speak here could just be one case among many like budget is a consideration too...just my 2 cents

Jose Hidalgo

I don't agree with either of you. I think people should proceed in two easy steps :
  1. Get a system that's as "hi-fi" as possible, in all scientific aspects and measures. That provides a stable reference.

2. If they don't like it enough ear-wise, play with all the fabulous modern DSPs that we have to make it more suitable to their ears. Equalize it (even in V-shape if they want). Add that distinctive "tube" flavor and THD. Do whatever the hell they want, because NOW everybody can do it when a few years ago it wasn't possible yet. BUT do it always from that stable reference. Because if you don't have a stable reference to begin with, you don't know where you are or what you like. You think you know, which is very different. ;)

Top Bottom