• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Safety And Design of DIY originated Audio Products

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The chassis ground is there. You just can't see it.

Like I said it's all well within CE compliences.
So you measured that ground bond resistance and can post it here for us and how you instrumented it?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yes I talk about numbers that matter.
And I am asking about those exact numbers Mike:

index.php

Where any of these numbers measured by you in your finished product?

Mivera

Major Contributor
So you measured that ground bond resistance and can post it here for us and how you instrumented it?

It's far under that. We are talking about a wire that's only a couple inches long. Besides this DAC could damn well almost pass for double insulated. The supply is completely self contained. With the lid on its completely closed in.

Mivera

Major Contributor
And I am asking about those exact numbers Mike:

index.php

Where any of these numbers measured by you in your finished product?

Yes I talk about the numbers that contribute to the product sounding as good as it does. I could use far worse quality components inside, and analog measurements using industry standards would be almost the same. But certainly not the sound.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yes I talk about the numbers that contribute to the product sounding as good as it does. I could use far worse quality components inside, and analog measurements using industry standards would be almost the same. But certainly not the sound.
I hear you. I am asking if those components once placed in your real product with different wiring, implementation etc. than the vendor used, produces the same numbers. Do you have any such measurements of your product?

Mivera

Major Contributor
I hear you. I am asking if those components once placed in your real product with different wiring, implementation etc. than the vendor used, produces the same numbers. Do you have any such measurements of your product?

I sure do, but sharing them will only mislead my intended client base. Music and great sound lovers. Some folks think these industry standard tests are everything. And if they see how good my DAC measurements are, I'd end up wasting my DAC's on clients who are deaf, instead of folks who will enjoy it for the sound.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I sure do, but sharing them will only mislead my intended client base. Music and great sound lovers. Some folks think these industry standard tests are everything. And if they see how good my DAC measurements are, I'd end up wasting my DAC's on clients who are deaf, instead of folks who will enjoy it for the sound.
LOL

Mike a simple "No" would of sufficed.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I sure do, but sharing them will only mislead my intended client base.
You mean putting all of those numbers already on your web site doesn't mislead them even though they are for the parts and not the equipment they are buying, but the real numbers you get in your implementation would?

Mivera

Major Contributor
LOL

Mike a simple "No" would of sufficed.

No would be incorrect. Of course I measured the DAC. But I don't use measured data from the analog outs as marketing material. Folks who buy gear for numbers only, annoy the hell out of me and I'd rather not associate with them.

Mivera

Major Contributor
You mean putting all of those numbers already on your web site doesn't mislead them even though they are for the parts and not the equipment they are buying, but the real numbers you get in your implementation would?

No because anyone who has enough knowledge to know what matters, will understand the build is excellent. I like knowledgable people, just not forum educated numbers mongers. So my products are for music listeners, or professionals only.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
No because anyone who has enough knowledge to know what matters, will understand the build is excellent. I like knowledgable people, just not forum educated numbers mongers. So my products are for music listeners, or professionals only.
But you did throw all of these numbers at them, right?

index.php

That is a big, big part of the write up for the product. You are working super hard to sell the product by numbers. Those numbers.

I am asking if you have actually measured anything with regards to those numbers in your real product.

Sounds like you have not and are hoping to mislead your potential customers with part specs vs reality.

Mivera

Major Contributor
But you did throw all of these numbers at them, right?

index.php

That is a big, big part of the write up for the product. You are working super hard to sell the product by numbers. Those numbers.

I am asking if you have actually measured anything with regards to those numbers in your real product.

Sounds like you have not and are hoping to mislead your potential customers with part specs vs reality.

Yes and I share that info because anyone with the knowledge to understand what matters, will understand this combination of components, as well as the flawless board layouts will result in incredible performance. Do you really think Daniel Weiss would design a garbage output board?

Even when I had a crappy wallwart grade SMPS, and 60 cent IC regs connected to the prototype, the numbers were still outstanding.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yes and I share that info because anyone with the knowledge to understand what matters, will understand this combination of components, as well as the flawless board layouts will result in incredible performance.
There is nothing flawless about your product. But let's say it is. You can show that the part spec = product spec. Take one of those measurements and demonstrate that.

Mivera

Major Contributor
There is nothing flawless about your product. But let's say it is. You can show that the part spec = product spec. Take one of those measurements and demonstrate that.

The product is built to extremely high standards in every department. Every single one of the owners who bought the Purestream besides 1 guy said it was by far the best sound they ever heard from a DAC. And that 1 DAC it couldn't quite match is $90000.

YOU'RE NOT TEACHING ME ANYTHING, AND MY OEM CLIENTS ARE ONLY LAUGHING AT YOU. ALL CLIENTS WHO OWN PURESTREAM'S ARE PERFECTLY HAPPY WITH THE DESIGN, AND HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. THEY ARE SMART PEOPLE.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The product is built to extremely high standards in every department. Every single one of the owners who bought the Purestream besides 1 guy said it was by far the best sound they ever heard from a DAC. And that 1 DAC it couldn't quite match is $90000.
We are not talking about those claims Mike. I am asking about objective set of numbers you list -- tons of them -- on your web site.

I don't think I have ever seen so many numbers thrown out for a DAC. So clearly you are trying to sell on that basis.

My question remains: are any of those numbers verified for a finished, built product?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
YOU'RE NOT TEACHING ME ANYTHING, AND MY OEM CLIENTS ARE ONLY LAUGHING AT YOU. ALL CLIENTS WHO OWN PURESTREAM'S ARE PERFECTLY HAPPY WITH THE DESIGN, AND HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. THEY ARE SMART PEOPLE.
I don't buy your representation of anything Mike. You are often not truthful.

If those people want to help you they should come here and defend the points I made in my original article.

Mivera

Major Contributor
We are not talking about those claims Mike. I am asking about objective set of numbers you list -- tons of them -- on your web site.

I don't think I have ever seen so many numbers thrown out for a DAC. So clearly you are trying to sell on that basis.

My question remains: are any of those numbers verified for a finished, built product?

I've made it clear that I'm not sharing these measurements. And if someone sends one into test you better do a professional video review on it. Because I know you always decide the outcome you want long before your testing and make sure the outcome matches your desires.

it's not 1985 anymore. Anyone who wants to demonstrate proper testing these days does it on video.

Mivera

Major Contributor
I don't buy your representation of anything Mike. You are often not truthful.

If those people want to help you they should come here and defend the points I made in my original article.

Sorry but those guys wouldn't give a second of their time to increase your forum traffic.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I've made it clear that I'm not sharing these measurements.
We figured that much so far.

Do those numbers look as good or worse than the numbers you listed for the parts?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Sorry but those guys wouldn't give a second of their time to increase your forum traffic.
Well I thought they valued helping your credibility. Seems like they don't value that either.

Top Bottom