• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Pundit Rant (Currawong)

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know anything about this fellow or his technical credentials, but he already got under my skin by using the old "I'm going to diss someone...most of you know who...but I won't name names." As if "not naming who it is" is taking the high road.

This is just a passive-aggressive way of dissing someone.

"I'm going to say someone is doing this bad thing, but I won't use his name so you can find out whether he's actually guilty of doing the thing I'm accusing him of. And if you guess who it is, I'll just wave it off, that way I don't have to actually address any counter evidence to my own claims. Just take my word I'm right on this."

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
We love you Amirm and what you're trying to do here, keep up the good work!

Last edited:

AudioJester

Forum Donor
Wasnt this the guy who hyped up Audio-GD and turned it into a popular brand on head-fi?
I vaguely remember he was actually involved in their product development.

Canuck57

Forum Donor

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can hear a difference in toslink cables - even when the stretch on them when 'twanged' is controlled for.

The big fat ones just sound deeper.

Or maybe I need a new crossbow?

Last edited:

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What does everyone think prompted the video? Or was it just random?

Last edited:

idiomatically

Currawong is in full on shill mode, as an Aussie he embarrasses me with his behaviour. Not to mention he is a hypocrite, everything he complains about he is guilty of himself. He has added sooo much toxicity to the community it’s not funny. He just can’t be trusted as a source for anything, as he is so obviously tainted with his vested interests.

What does everything think prompted the video? Or was it just random?

He claims he recorded this over a year ago, so I would imagine it was in response to the v1 Yggy measurements and discoveries made here on ASR around the same time. He is blindly in Schiit’s pocket imo.

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
He claims he recorded this over a year ago, so I would imagine it was in response to the v1 Yggy measurements and discovered made here on ASR around the same time. He is blindly in Schiit’s pocket imo.
Ah, that explains it. I was wondering why he was so out of touch with how Schiit has changed, etc.

AudioJester

Forum Donor
So this guy Currawong is paid to promote certain audio brands regardless of performance?

That is everything that is wrong with the audiophile world...

A Surfer

Major Contributor
I'm a long time head-fi member. Heck before the most recent software system change I had Contributor status as a label. Jude emailed me to say that with the last change they lost the ability to maintain that tag? I can honestly say that I very much value ASR.

Reactions: PSO

tuga

Major Contributor
tumblr_oahdc4NJnU1ucjumoo1_400.gif

Top Bottom