• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

bodhi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Admirable action from our host here, enforcing my opinion of him being stand up person and ironclad defender of truth when it comes to sound reproduction. There certainly are a lot of difference in opinions inside the objectivist crowd but I think our shared dislike of BS far outweighs any minor grudges.

I think that the mr manufacturer misjudged the zeitgeist: objectivists are no longer just odd nerds here and there. There is no way to bully people to stop them telling how it is. I cannot see any way he comes out of this cleanly.

delta76

Major Contributor
Erin could easily turn it all around for his own benefit, including lawsuit. Drama, taking sides, exposing some clowns, it all sells very well on youtube and he could make multiple videos documenting the whole case, this could be his breakthrough but I don't think he wants it this way (I would definitely watch it though...I am a fan of Coffeezilla, Karl Jobst and the like)
I would advise against that unless he has consulted a lawyer firm and a marketing agency. Right now he published a review and it is a very weak case of defamation. A few missteps and he might open himself to a much bigger lawsuit.

And doing that might turn Erin from an objective reviewer which we severely need more, to an influencer that we have too much of.

In any case I think Erin should talk to a lawyer before any further action.

IamJF

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@amirm
A friend of mine active in the guitar community got threatened once too. He did the best thing you can do in this position - make immediately a video about the threatening!
Keep very calm but show parts of the text the company wrote (blackend out names etc - you must stay legal!!!). Tell the viewers what's going on.

People are VERY sensitive for such company behaviour. This can be a HUGE loss for a smaller company.
In my friends case they immediately withdraw, he got a very nice message from the CEO and the "responsible product manager" was dismissed from this project.

Be careful to stay legal with such a video, maybe talk to a lawyer before. Don't say specific names etc but tell people what the company tires to do and show some of the original wording. Customers will get the intentions of the company quickly.

When they really want to ruin their business ... we will support Erin!

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
i would not advice such a thing, at least not in europe, without parties written consent, this should not be done. already public messages sure.
Unless there's a CDA, it's absolutely legal.

But really, this is so much ado about nothing.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You want someone to waste an entire day doing that instead of listening to speakers? :p
There's just sooo many tweeters, peoples getting tired of all the pushing in! :p

beagleman

Major Contributor
Some curiosity caused me to browse the T website and I had a WTF moment to read this:

"Note: the Mini Lore was recently pulled from my lineup due to a slanderous and deeply flawed review by Amir at Audio Science Review the “place where we pretend to know a lot more about audio that we really do.” "

My first thought was ....Is this guy even "For real", comments like the above come off like amateur childish temper tantrums, and NOT like some professional audio company in any imaginable way:facepalm:

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What element of the complex spatial and linear response of these speakers is supposed to be the result of the holes in the bottom?

It's an assymetrical mid and hf passive array, a smooth DI is not in the cards, and the tweeters have rear chambers so their response isn't affected by the holes.

Amir, it was only a matter of time before you started costing people money. Not every small businessman is going to take your review on the chin and buy an NFS like Ascend did.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
@amirm

"...Note: the Mini Lore was recently pulled from my lineup due to a slanderous and deeply flawed review by Amir at Audio Science Review the “place where we pretend to know a lot more about audio that we really do....”

He says you do slanderous and deeply flawed work. tststs.

Like i said the damage gets worse and worse.

lordhumungous

@amirm

"...Note: the Mini Lore was recently pulled from my lineup due to a slanderous and deeply flawed review by Amir at Audio Science Review the “place where we pretend to know a lot more about audio that we really do....”

Wow just wow . Never seen anything like this in all my years . Have you ?

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some curiosity caused me to browse the T website and I had a WTF moment to read this:

"Note: the Mini Lore was recently pulled from my lineup due to a slanderous and deeply flawed review by Amir at Audio Science Review the “place where we pretend to know a lot more about audio that we really do.” "

My first thought was ....Is this guy even "For real", comments like the above come off like amateur childish temper tantrums, and NOT like some professional audio company in any imaginable way:facepalm:
I honestly wonder if he is mentally unstable, not kidding. He is effectively telling potential customers to go and do an internet search about this review, and when potential customers reach the Tekton review thread, they will be mortified of him, his company and his speakers. If other sane manufacturers gets a bad review they will just try to sweep the bad review under the rug by ignoring it.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm

It's crazy isn't it! Maybe the guy's got nowhere to go, maybe he thinks he can't improve his speakers, maybe he's got nothing to go on but blind reputation with zero underlying technical justification/potential both now & in the future (which wouldn't have to be the case).....but you'd like to think that people can start designing better speakers with the right measurements & right attention. The best ways to learn are when you really know in your heart that you've been wrong about things & there's new approaches & attitudes to be had in the future - it's a difficult & flexible line to create in your life.... to balance that with your own assertiveness & current beliefs.

Hunter Mike

Not sure if anyone mentioned that Tekton posted to the YouTube review stating that sales of the speaker would be halted until they investigated further. Erin pinned it in comments.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure if anyone mentioned that Tekton posted to the YouTube review stating that sales of the speaker would be halted until they investigated further. Erin pinned it in comments.
Actually, thinking about it, and trying to paint Tekton in the best light, maybe they pulled the speaker because it measured so far away from what they expected - which means they now have to investigate what's going on in their production & quality control procedures?? Or an even better light that they fundamentally think the speaker could be flawed from the design blueprints upwards, but this last point doesn't stack up with the threatening lawsuits, but neither does that support my first sentence either, unless they've just pulled the speaker as a precaution that they really do have a quality control problem even if they think they don't, but then you wouldn't put lawsuits out there until you verified you didn't have quality control issues. Yes, it doesn't make sense that they pulled the speaker, it's a very strange reaction. And additionally, it's just a strange reaction regardless of any measurements anywhere, it's just very very strange, that and the threatening lawsuit, it's just so strange and unfounded, it's like a personal meltdown.

Top Bottom