• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Capture d’écran 2024-03-12 à 14.44.37.png

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

push-pull EL34... apostasy(?).
;)

naw... just playin' around

How many dinner dates did it take to get this? Come on, a whole big room and the gear? :D

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
View attachment 355961

in my cellar...
I would be curious to open them, but I wouldn't want to finish the tasting...in the hospital!!;)
The oldest in our cellar are some 1974 Cabernet Sauvignons from California -- an epic year for cabernets in CA. They're probably well past their prime, too.
The old lead capsules help curtail microbial growth by forming lead acetate in situ near the cork, though -- so you'll probably be just fine. :)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The oldest in our cellar are some 1974 Cabernet Sauvignons from California -- an epic year for cabernets in CA. They're probably well past their prime, too.
The old lead capsules help curtail microbial growth by forming lead acetate in situ near the cork, though -- so you'll probably be just fine. :)
That's very interesting that lead capsules are integrated into the cork area. Do you know about lead poisoning and how it makes people sleep for extended periods of time as compared to a usual 7 to 10 hours or so? My one older brother worked in a lead refinery and was leaded a few times. When he was leaded he would sleep for maybe 17 hours and then wake up. It's really frustrating for the person leaded because sleep becomes a major factor in life.

Mikig

Good California Cabernets. I tried some Californian wines a few years ago, when I frequented the USA more often. Plus I had visited a couple of wineries on Long Island. But I don't remember the names anymore, too much time has passed...

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Good California Cabernets. I tried some Californian wines a few years ago, when I frequented the USA more often. Plus I had visited a couple of wineries on Long Island. But I don't remember the names anymore, too much time has passed...
Mrs H and I have second honeymooned twice in New York's "Finger Lakes" region. :)

First second honeymoon (25) on the left, second second honeymoon (40) on the right (and yes, Mrs. H took the photos -- she really was there! ;) ).

Somafunk

Major Contributor
we no longer know where to put them...we have already thrown away hundreds of bottles, we kept the most important vines...;)

I’ll offer to help ;)

Mikig

In so many ways that is the epitome of cool... :D

my lady tells me I'm a serial hoarder!! :) I keep everything, documents, photos, books, furniture, wines from the last century, from my family. I spend great evenings there, reading, watching, ordering... it's memory, it's history...

Mikig

I’ll offer to help ;)
we took a lot of that dust!!
we opened all the bottles to be eliminated, otherwise they won't take anything away from us, and emptied them into the sink in the cellar. There was a smell of mixed wine and vinegar throughout the house for days!! At least we cleaned the general drain well!!!:)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Yes, recommended. Good food good wine, beautiful area.

Skaneateles, NY and Lake Skaneateles (of course). :)
I just like saying the name. We spent one night there in a little hotel right on the lake on the first second honeymoon.

1710277810021.jpeg

1710277828441.jpeg

Mikig

Yes, recommended. Good food good wine, beautiful area.

Skaneateles, NY and Lake Skaneateles (of course). :)
I just like saying the name. We spent one night there in a little hotel right on the lake on the first second honeymoon.

View attachment 355990

View attachment 355991
I didn't know that area! I went to look on Maps! I saw that it's about a 5 hour drive from New York, and it's not too far from Niagara Falls. Very interesting!! thank you for the tip!

Top Bottom