• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cat News?

Rick63

On the topic of cats and music - My Jason loves music and he's particularly fond of female singing voices, but put on some early Bob Dylan and crank it up when the harmonica kicks in and he's gone in a split second.

wannarock2

Cat spooked by raven.gif

Rick63

I know a few people who react to Dylan that way too.

LOL. Heck, Robert Zimmerman is one of my lifelong favorites, but as I get older and have tinnitus I can't play a lot of his earlier songs very loud anymore.

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Love Dylan too, my cat leaves the room when I play ANY music unless I have it on really low. She's OK with movies though with loud explosions and such. Perhaps I should try her with different genres of music to see if she will stay for, say soft jazz, LOL

@Rick63, I notice you're from Upsate, NY, I saw Dylan two nights in a row at The Hutton Brickyards in Kingston NY in June 2017, great shows except he did too many of his Sinatra covers. One of my many crazy Dylan tour trips. Saw The Band's Big Pink house, and also went to the graveyard where Levon Helm and Rick Danko are burried. Of course toured around Woodstock too. Beautiful area.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I got into exploring Electronica after getting my Subs. ;) Whether it’s movie night or some random Electronica, several of our cats will congregate in my room. At least one can be found on top of one of my Subs!
SPL is not bashful, either. :)

BTW, I totally dig Dylan. Not everything he’s recorded… A friend once teased: there’s a Dylan song for everybody, like he reached into your mind at wrote it from your experiences.
This happened when I was a freshman in college going to music school. My buddy lent me Blood on The Tracks and I had listened a few times, and as my musicology professor would expect was endeavoring to make friends with it.
Maybe like the third or fourth playthrough, it happened. He was right.
For me, that song was If You See Her Say Hello. Just reached right into me on that playthrough and reverberated through me like a sympathetic vibration triggering a whole room to resonate. I had an experience a few years earlier, just a high school girlfriend, not verbatim, but the sentiment was so strong and real that I relived that part of my life.
Ever since then, I give his music a chance. 4 years later when Time Out Of Mind dropped, I was hooked.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Boli absolutely enjoys music. He even seeks out a good position between the speakers. I listen to a lot of mellow classical and jazz, so it makes sense.

Barrelhouse Solly

On the topic of cats and music - My Jason loves music and he's particularly fond of female singing voices, but put on some early Bob Dylan and crank it up when the harmonica kicks in and he's gone in a split second.
I play the harmonica and have scared cats with it many times.

Barrelhouse Solly

Our present cat has a phobic response to the slippers I just bought. At first it was like the cats and cucumbers videos. After several weeks she is now capable of being in the same room as the evil things. I've tried 3 pairs and it's the same. She's normally very interested in feet. She likes to attack feet and after subduing one she'll curl up next to it holding it down with her hind paws. She likes my wife's slippers just fine. They're the same brand as mine.

Rick63

When my Jason was 7-8 months old and weighed about 7 lbs, he could jump from the countertop to the top of the kitchen cabinets. Once he got over 10 lbs he no longer could.

Last night, with him at 20 months and 16.6 lbs he found another way to get up there. He went from the countertop to the refrigerator to the top of the cabinets. :)

20240224_050313.jpg

Mayan

Forum Donor

Attachments

• IMG_1325.jpeg
    IMG_1325.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Top Bottom