• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
So it’s just a tracking system. I must say, I actually like the idea of having it disguised as a license plate holder. I’ve been in the business of these things for quite a while 10 years back..
Being in the Netherlands, I don't know if you got the joke about being in prison but in the US many states use the
cheap prison labor to manufacture license plates, etc. ;)

Well, about 20 years, give or take a few. Most of these customers actually want the system, especially if it brings back their stolen cars.
Problem is when they come back it's minus fenders, doors, computers, air bags, exhaust systems, etc etc.. LOL

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep, I paid $2.89 yesterday!
Shut up, @Sal1950!:p:eek:o_O We have had some spectacular gasoline price reductions of late, around here.
Yeah, tell me what was the last time your gas price decreased by a WHOPPING 11% in 45 days? Huh? Huh?
See how this new math works... just like electric kool-aid?;)

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Also, I love waving bye to California rejects.

My son is a learning driver. Not gonna give him all that torque of an EV.
That's when I got rid of my hopped up BMW M3, for that same reason. I crashed it once.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Being in the Netherlands, I don't know if you got the joke about being in prison but in the US many states use the
cheap prison labor to manufacture license plates, etc. ;)
I know the practice, but didn’t get the joke, thanks for enlightening me.
Problem is when they come back it's minus fenders, doors, computers, air bags, exhaust systems, etc etc.. LOL
Well, the point is that you usually get them back long before that happens ;) Although sometimes it’s too late, and you find a fully stripped car, with the functioning tracker fully exposed. Or you’ll find one stolen car in a Antwerp harbor parking lot, ready to board a freight ship, only to find out that basically the whole lot is full of stolen cars… or the time instructing Moroccan police on a highway chase of a stolen car from behind your computer (they caught the guy) ;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
And I paid just over $5 in Orange county a few weeks ago, while here in London, it is the equivalent of $7.50 (for US gallon).
Ofcourse, I don't care much any longer, I have an EV now!
My cost, charging at off-peak rates, is about 0.40 cents a US gallon or less.
I'll never go back.
coal.jpg

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No surprise that there are people here who whine about the 'wrong kinds of car' or turn it into dumbass political stands. ;)

Drive what you like...

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Drive what you like...
And don't be afraid to try something new. The new cars are much better than the old ones in many ways except price.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for helping our over population problem. You are welcome to visit anytime.
My family on my moms side came from Italy in 1880, growing almonds and watermelons in the San Joaquin Delta. I remember Silicon Valley when it was farm land.

I was born in Culver City; my father was born in Inglewood and his father in Oakland. I graduated high school in Chatsworth. I met my wife in Carlsbad. We lived in San Diego County, LA County and in different spots all over the Bay Area for 18 years.

I now proudly call myself a Califloridian.

Martin

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just to get away from the politics of it all, which can NOT be helped and is inextractable from cars... I have an observation:
Even the definition of a "drive" or "driver" is going to take a different meaning altogether in the EV era if/when it takes over ICE.
We will never be able to say "I drove my Chevy...to the levy..." :( instead we will be saying "The Chevy drove me ... to the levy...".:confused:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was born in Culver City; my father was born in Inglewood and his father in Oakland. I graduated high school in Chatsworth. I met my wife in Carlsbad. We lived in San Diego County, LA County and in different spots all over the Bay Area for 18 years.

I now proudly call myself a Califloridian.

Martin
Not many of us have that history in California. The irony the Califorification we get blamed for came from outsiders starting in '70s.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Though I could argue, how short sighted the joke above is.
No, the EV and it's politics are short sighted.
But mods, I won't take this thread there, promise ;)

Spyerx

Cars... the other obsession.

Here are a couple of the stable, same make, many, many years apart.

The old one is a bit of a sleeper with a mean streak and stupid fun to drive. It weighs about 2100 lbs and makes almost 300hp at the crank. 2.8L flat 6 revs to almost 9k, short stack gearbox.

The other car is the polar opposite. Dead quiet, but a great drive. Has me hooked on EV as a thing.

IMG_1799.jpeg
IMG_0321.jpeg

IMG_1357.jpeg

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
EV politics ??
have I missed something?
Were there a political debate going on in here, that I was not aware of?
Yes please no talk of EV policies, subsidies, grid power generation, type of people that will/will not drive them. Just the tech and direct cost of buying and operating. The last thread got banned by fanatics arguing over government and environmental policies.

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I love cars but, lucky for me, I don't have the urge to collect any, 'cause I couldn't afford to! :) I sure love seeing 'em and learning what people are into.

Mine is a 2017 Golf R that a company called APR added some mods to, so it's got good pep! I really like the feel of a car that kinda says, "Hell, yeah, I can do that!" when I want it to.

My wife has a 2015 Audi S4 that APR got up around 475 HP and it is exceedingly user friendly. When she had it done, she was worried it would be too 'muscle-y,' but it really just makes it seem like we are riding in a car that weighs less.

When the kids were just learning to drive, we took them to Thunderhill for 'defensive' driving classes. It made them pretty good. Also recommended.

I highly recommend APR.

Highly recommended...

The prices are not crazy, either!

Top Bottom