• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

yllanos

This streamer has been out for a while and I still can't believe they haven't added queue management on official app. I created a ticket specifically for this, a month went by and then I had to make a comment on forum just to get attention. They replied and said they will be integrating this but it's been months now and still nothing.

This is my main complaint with this device. I'm not sure why people won't complain more about this. I guess my habits are different? or maybe people don't use the official app? This is constantly forcing me to use Tidal's app with Tidal Connect.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
This streamer has been out for a while and I still can't believe they haven't added queue management on official app. I created a ticket specifically for this, a month went by and then I had to make a comment on forum just to get attention. They replied and said they will be integrating this but it's been months now and still nothing.

This is my main complaint with this device. I'm not sure why people won't complain more about this. I guess my habits are different? or maybe people don't use the official app? This is constantly forcing me to use Tidal's app with Tidal Connect.
There are dozens of options to use queue management with the Wiim via third-party apps. It's hardly at the top of their to-do list.

I honestly don't recall EVER mucking with a queue, though I have many options to do so - I simply play albums, one at a time. Call me old fashioned; I grew up listening to records.

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
OT, I apologise, but Wiim have just announced a new Wiim Amp scheduled for Q4.
Looks like it will be very competitive based on the info Wiim have shared on the Wiim forum

Joffy1780

Back on topic, I've just received a firmware update enabling the airplay cast function and (very limited) PEQ.
Very impressed with Wiim in general, looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
Back on topic, I've just received a firmware update enabling the airplay cast function and (very limited) PEQ.
Very impressed with Wiim in general, looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.
What firmware version is that? I though they were keeping the beta streams separate.

Joffy1780

What firmware version is that? I though they were keeping the beta streams separate.
I didn't receive a notification when opened the Wiim home app and I'm fairly sure I only applied to test the PEQ beta, but they're both there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-11-21-32-00-10_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-11-21-32-00-10_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_2023-08-11-21-31-50-12_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-11-21-31-50-12_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 85
OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
I didn't receive a notification when opened the Wiim home app and I'm fairly sure I only applied to test the PEQ beta, but they're both there.
Thanks - they did say they were close to Airplay casting being part of the public release so maybe they brought that forward a wee bit into the PEQ beta too. Enjoy :)

Joffy1780

Thanks - they did say they were close to Airplay casting being part of the public release so maybe they brought that forward a wee bit into the PEQ beta too. Enjoy
Cool, just having a quick test and, as expected, both seem to be functioning well enough.
Love my Wiim Pro

Joffy1780

Thanks - they did say they were close to Airplay casting being part of the public release so maybe they brought that forward a wee bit into the PEQ beta too. Enjoy :)
Can you request a pre-amp gain option be added to the PEQ please?
I know I could, but you seem to have their ear so to speak.

OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
Can you request a pre-amp gain option be added to the PEQ please?
I know I could, but you seem to have their ear so to speak.
Not really any more than other users tbh - as moderator on their forum, I do occasionally bring issues to their notice as they don’t always monitor all posts. They do however seem to be monitoring the beta test threads quite carefully, so please post this suggestion in the beta testing thread and they’ll pick it up - you’ll se where they have already reacted to suggestions/bugs there and in the Airplay casting beta testing thread :)

Joffy1780

Not really any more than other users tbh - as moderator on their forum, I do occasionally bring issues to their notice as they don’t always monitor all posts. They do however seem to be monitoring the beta test threads quite carefully, so please post this suggestion in the beta testing thread and they’ll pick it up - you’ll se where they have already reacted to suggestions/bugs there and in the Airplay casting beta testing thread :)
Will do, thank you :)

OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
The Squeezelite beta firmware was released a few days go and by all accounts seems to be performing very well - here’s a comment on the slimdevices forum:

“Player synchronisation with other native SB players and instances of Squeezelite - now works perfectly
Smart Crossfade - now works perfectly (if Crossfade is OFF in WHA)
Smart Gain - now works perfectly”

robca

Hello, I'm considering a WiiM Pro and I read most of the info on the forum (both threads), but I'm still not 100% sure given how much the firmware changes over time (a positive, just makes it hard to follow :))

I plan to do the following:

Amazon Music HD on WiiM Pro -> coax/toslink -> SMSL DO100 DAC -> xlr -> Genelec 8320a

Will I be able to play bit perfect 24/96kHz files (when available on Amazon Music HD)? I plan to use the WiiM Pro as a pure streamer, no volume control, no EQ (both happen on the Genelec)

Aside Amazon Music subscription, do I need any other subscription? I'm still somewhat surprised by the support/development that WiiM does without asking for a subscription (and the main reason I want a WiiM Pro)

Apesbrain

The Squeezelite beta firmware was released a few days go and by all accounts seems to be performing very well
This is great news for the Squeezebox community. Logitech Media Server (nee Slimserver over 20 years ago) is a fully-featured, free server that runs on Windows, MacOS and linux/Raspberry Pi. The WiiM Pro is a $150 player with analog and digital outputs. Playback control is via phone, tablet or browser.

Many manufacturers have been asked to support squeezelite, but WiiM is the only one to take it on. Kudos to them!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello, I'm considering a WiiM Pro and I read most of the info on the forum (both threads), but I'm still not 100% sure given how much the firmware changes over time (a positive, just makes it hard to follow :))

Amazon Music HD on WiiM Pro -> coax/toslink -> SMSL DO100 DAC -> xlr -> Genelec 8320a

Will I be able to play bit perfect 24/96kHz files (when available on Amazon Music HD)? I plan to use the WiiM Pro as a pure streamer, no volume control, no EQ (both happen on the Genelec)

Aside Amazon Music subscription, do I need any other subscription? I'm still somewhat surprised by the support/development that WiiM does without asking for a subscription (and the main reason I want a WiiM Pro)
Yes. That's exactly what it does.

elmoe420

Yup, that's a great setup. I'd add an Echo Dot and then you can use the Alexa voice UI for playback controls.

One correction though, you'll need an Amazon Music Unlimited UHD not HD subscription if you want the full resolution Amazon Music offers which is up to 24/192.

robca

Yup, that's a great setup. I'd add an Echo Dot and then you can use the Alexa voice UI for playback controls.

One correction though, you'll need an Amazon Music Unlimited UHD not HD subscription if you want the full resolution Amazon Music offers which is up to 24/192.
First of all, thanks for the reply and the UHD/HD clarification.

I was under the impression, though, that after all the changes, any Amazon Music subscription (aside from the lowest single-device tier) includes UHD music. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G8X4YJYLED87FSH2. I was not clear in my question, but I referred to the Amazon Music Unlimited subscription

There are 3 "Amazon Music" tiers, and the Unlimited one includes UHD https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ref_=hp_left_v4_sib&nodeId=GW3PHAUCZM8L7W9L

Top Bottom