• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newman

Major Contributor
Cardioid and variable directivity? Why wouldn’t it be? Very beneficial, at least for my personal situation
Unless I missed it earlier in the thread, tell me why it would be.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Comparing a cardioid and non cardioid of the same speaker, the cardioid version is just a little clearer, which is reflected in both speakers measurements.
I have only heard the Beolab, ‘narrow’ directivity was for me the best sounding, really sharp pin point imaging but you had to sit right in the middle of the speakers, wide is designed for a larger seating area ( just sounds a little less distinct ) and omni for non critical listening/parties.
Keith

prestigetone

D

Deleted member 57150

I intended to sit on my hands, however this does not pass the smell test. Ban me from ASR or hit ignore if you do not like what I have to say. I will defend people's hard earned money from being misled by this "unbiased" and "great" discussion about speakers. At one point I considered AJ's designs but wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole at this point.

This thread is to market Soundfield. MKR goes from a $399 Infinity tower to a $30,000 budget without an upgrade in between. He searches for a stereo pair and all of the established brands making their own tweeters in house cannot compete with a garage operation that uses off the shelf $40 tweeters. Somehow the two requirements for this purchase, cardioid and directivity, are only available by way of Soundfield. I have yet to see him say anything critical of the brand. Yet somehow the search is still going until fall at least. That is an entire calendar year.

People are going to be bilked out of their hard earned money on this thread. Do not underestimate how much traffic this is generating for Soundfield.

Lsc

I intended to sit on my hands, however this does not pass the smell test. Ban me from ASR or hit ignore if you do not like what I have to say. I will defend people's hard earned money from being misled by this "unbiased" and "great" discussion about speakers. At one point I considered AJ's designs but wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole at this point.

This thread is to market Soundfield. MKR goes from a $399 Infinity tower to a $30,000 budget without an upgrade in between. He searches for a stereo pair and all of the established brands making their own tweeters in house cannot compete with a garage operation that uses off the shelf $40 tweeters. Somehow the two requirements for this purchase, cardioid and directivity, are only available by way of Soundfield. I have yet to see him say anything critical of the brand. Yet somehow the search is still going until fall at least. That is an entire calendar year.

People are going to be bilked out of their hard earned money on this thread. Do not underestimate how much traffic this is generating for Soundfield.
Fair point. Maybe for some yes, but I have no internet in Soundfield despite following this thread for some time. Just saying there are two sides to every coin.

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor

Oh no, here we go again :facepalm:

This just not true, simply not true at all, and is bordering on pure slander. I am truly disturbed by your behavior.

You clearly have a personal axe to grind with Soundfield (and me?). It is obvious to me at least that your full intent from beginning has been to get this thread shut down and to silence me. Why? Sadly, you will likely succeed.

By the way, I don’t own any Infinity towers, no clue what you are talking about.

GDK

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Meh. You may be right (although I doubt it, after all OP went to AXPONA) but in any event without any measurements, I doubt people here would do much of anything...

Adi777

:eek::facepalm:
BTW I ordered bookshelf speakers from Soundfield.

Reactions: GDK
D

Deleted member 57150

Oh no, here we go again :facepalm:

This just not true, simply not true at all, and is bordering on pure slander. I am truly disturbed by your behavior.

You clearly have a personal axe to grind with Soundfield (and me?). It is obvious to me at least that your full intent from beginning has been to get this thread shut down and to silence me. Why? Sadly, you will likely succeed.

By the way, I don’t own any Infinity towers, no clue what you are talking about.
Sorry I meant $399 JBL 590s. Same parent company from as far back as I remember.

I KNOW I am not even close to the only one who thinks that (others just wont say it as openly), the first post I made calling this out is still getting likes. Explain to me how you are still searching for an "end game" speaker that ONLY exists within your budget from ONE company. Why do you care if this gets shut down? You "found" your speaker.

I frankly do not have anything against you or Soundfield, but there is no way for you to prove that you aren't generating something from this, or are partnered with AJ somehow.

Amir has not chimed in on this for good reason but he has nothing good to say about AJ or his company that I have seen.

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor

Let’s dial back the accusations and aggressive behavior please. You have made your point several times and I think the majority of ASR Members are smart enough to understand what is and what is not happening here. We would appreciate your support and cooperation. :cool:

Anybody getting ripped off because of this thread were doomed to be ripped off either way.

Last edited:

Gringoaudio1

Forum Donor
This quest is getting pretty annoying and tiresome. To go from almost buying Salon2 to listening to a crappy looking pile of speaker boxes that can no way in hell sound anything like a final product in a decent looking cabinet designed for proper dispersion etc is bordering on downright flakey. I’m out. Go buy a sports car and truly enjoy your money.

VMAT4

Forum Donor
... People look to ASR as source of honesty and they may not understand.
It's also entertainment. I was once told, by an audio salon owner, that picking speakers is almost like picking neck ties. You can't take audio too seriously! And, I'd like that to cut "both ways"!

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
The issue is you are wrong, just flat out wrong. This is slander at the highest level. Can I prove it? No, I cannot. But I would like to believe the history and content of this thread fully proves counter to your fully false conspiracy theory.

And finally, I have not made my final decision, not in the least. Did you not see my last short list? Anyway, at this point, I really don’t care if the thread gets shutdown. It is truly not worth the heartache. Really sad the way this has turned. I am out. If anyone is interested in how this journey turns out, feel free to DM, I will be posting no longer in this thread or any other on ASR on this topic. Thank you very much, sincerely, to all of those that have provided helpful and constructive advice along the way, I truly appreciate it. Take care all, try to be kind to one another.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The issue is you are wrong, just flat out wrong. This is slander at the highest level. Can I prove it? No, I cannot. But I would like to believe the history and content of this thread fully proves counter to your fully false conspiracy theory.

And finally, I have not made my final decision, not in the least. Did you not see my last short list? Anyway, at this point, I really don’t care if the thread gets shutdown. It is truly not worth the heartache. Really sad the way this has turned. I am out. If anyone is interested in how this journey turns out, feel free to DM, I will be posting no longer in this thread or any other on ASR on this topic. Thank you very much, sincerely, to all of those that have provided helpful and constructive advice along the way, I truly appreciate it. Take care all, try to be kind to one another.
i think you are doing the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom