• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of MARCH audio dac1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Allow me please to correct you slightly: IMHO, in this world there are good guys and not so good guys. And then there is Thomas. What I don't get from him today is..

I was on the piss for the Christmas works do, Iv woken up read my accountants yearly tax assessment ( depressing) and then read through this crap ( double depressing) . Oh Iv seemed to of lost me phone while on the lash ( triple depressing)..

I can sympathise with some people who think wrong doing has taken place here, what @March Audio should of done is not tell amir about the tone board . He should on discovery of its performance just made a great product out of it and kept it all to himself.

Unfortunately for Alan his enthusiasm for audio infringed on his professional intrest, as a result you all have been made aware of this raw board through ASR and it’s excellent performance. All for free, all this great information that’s way beyond any of you to create is being provided at significant cost to amir both financially and in terms of his time ( and my time) all basically for the benefit of a bunch of people we will never meet or have the slightest obligation to.

So basically we are helping all of you, amir is challenging the industry in a way that not many can or indeed want to. There’s data here that simply would not exist without amirs considerable investment, there’s a level of insight into products that until recently was never available to consumers and it’s all free and interactive through the forum.
I don’t know about you lot but I wish I’d been empowered with this type of information before I bought my hifi bits and bobs rather than just relying on subjective reviews and marketing copy along with a few rudimental claimed specs.

So @March Audio has been naive and you all have benefited as a result but a good few of you seem to be moaning about it and tearing down the forum while your at it, I struggle with the sense of entitlement that reaction requires.

Krunok

Major Contributor
I was on the piss for the Christmas works do, Iv woken up read my accountants yearly tax assessment ( depressing) and then read through this crap ( double depressing) . Oh Iv seemed to of lost me phone while on the lash ( triple depressing)..

I can sympathise with some people who think wrong doing has taken place here, what @March Audio should of done is not tell amir about the tone board . He should on discovery of its performance just made a great product out of it and kept it all to himself.

Unfortunately for Alan his enthusiasm for audio infringed on his professional intrest, as a result you all have been made aware of this raw board through ASR and it’s excellent performance. All for free, all this great information that’s way beyond any of you to create is being provided at significant cost to amir both financially and in terms of his time ( and my time) all basically for the benefit of a bunch of people we will never meet or have the slightest obligation to.

So basically we are helping all of you, amir is challenging the industry in a way that not many can or indeed want to. There’s data here that simply would not exist without amirs considerable investment, there’s a level of insight into products that until recently was never available to consumers and it’s all free and interactive through the forum.
I don’t know about you lot but I wish I’d been empowered with this type of information before I bought my hifi bits and bobs rather than just relying on subjective reviews and marketing copy along with a few rudimental claimed specs.

So @March Audio has been naive and you all have benefited as a result but a good few of you seem to be moaning about it and tearing down the forum while your at it, I struggle with the sense of entitlement that reaction requires.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Have you bought your DAC1 already, buddy?

What an inane response. I guess there is plenty more of that stored up.

Veri

Master Contributor
This is a thread well worthy of a lock. Everything that was needed to be said has been said.

Let's move on

Wombat

Master Contributor
No, lets keep feeding out the rope. It needs to be done.;)

There are lots of accusatory opinions that have not been supported upon request. Lots of ducking and weaving, though.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I would love to see if anyone could choose this DAC over the $9 Iphone USB-C DAC in a blind test.
Blind test it was chosen over a Chord Mojo ;)

New member, as per question in other thread, are you going to state if you are a competitor or otherwise associated with the audio industry in any way?

You have refused to answer that question multiple times and your posting points to a clear agenda.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Many who can't back up their statements or opinions revert to diversion, distraction or other confusions. If they are not up to that they ask a never ending repertoire of irrelevant questions. On this forum you will be obvious if you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom