• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1649951817877.jpeg

KellenVancouver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Couple pics from lesser known Bomarzo, Italy located around 60 miles north of Rome. Wonderful Italian hill town. Its main attraction is the "Bosco dei Mostri" which translates into Monster's Grove, a unique 16th century compilation of dozens of larger-than-life statues carved from the rocky landscape. That's the top picture, showing the Etruscan underworld god Orcus with mouth agape ready to devour the dead. But even more fascinating is Bomarzo's megalithic "pyramid" carved from a single huge rock and thought to be Etruscan, dating from round the time of Socrates. It was only rediscovered by modern archaeologists in 1911. That's the bottom picture, standing at the pyramid's base with our local guide.
1652448939625.png

1652449420751.png

nobodynoz

Last Friday I was in "Girona", Spain... I wanted to visit the Cathedral...
"The cathedral's interior includes the widest Gothic nave in the world, with a width of 23 metres (75 ft). Its construction was begun in the 11th century in the Romanesque architectural style, and continued in the 13th century in the Gothic style." Wikipedia

IMG_7483.JPG

Canon S95

Last edited:

nobodynoz

Image taken while I was walking in the city of Girona, Spain...
Canon S95, a small lightweight camera that fits in my pocket ... click on image.
IMG_7487.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom