• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Mrs. H is birding up in Way Up There, New Hampshire with some of her old Mass Audubon buddies for a couple of days. A little off the beaten path -- plus, make a wrong turn and the signs are suddenly all in French. ;)

At any rate, she didn't say if this was a Canadian or an Amurrican native, but she did share a piccie.
View attachment 211378
Lol. I was out in the BC mountains enduro dirt biking and I found myself in the USA when I came out of the trees after about 2 hours of riding. Highly illegal but a honest mistake. I've been in areas of Canada where the USA Canada border/roads are about 1m/1yard apart with no fence between. I've also been in areas where I am alone out in the middle of nowhere where I am either in the USA or Canada by a step across the line and there's nobody there to care. I've even crossed into the USA by mistake via the Columbia River when I was out and about boating.
X28uanBn.jpg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Lol. I was out in the BC mountains enduro dirt biking and I found myself in the USA when I came out of the trees after about 2 hours of riding. Highly illegal but a honest mistake. I've been in areas of Canada where the USA Canada border/roads are about 1m/1yard apart with no fence between. I've also been in areas where I am alone out in the middle of nowhere where I am either in the USA or Canada by a step across the line and there's nobody there to care. I've even crossed into the USA by mistake via the Columbia River when I was out and about boating.
X28uanBn.jpg
I even have an on-topic reply ;) although not my own photos! :(
The famous (and occasionally infamous) Haskell Free Library in Derby Line, VT literally (and deliberately) straddles the international border.
I think that's gotten ever more complicated in practice. ;)

source: https://flic.kr/p/6Q1447
source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinteresting/comments/dix6mn

Vermont's Lake Memphremagog is one of those international bodies of water, too. ;)

KellenVancouver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Mrs. H is birding up in Way Up There, New Hampshire with some of her old Mass Audubon buddies for a couple of days. A little off the beaten path -- plus, make a wrong turn and the signs are suddenly all in French. ;)

At any rate, she didn't say if this was a Canadian or an Amurrican native, but she did share a piccie.
View attachment 211378
Great pic. A face only a bull could love...

Digital_Thor

Changing the catalytic converter on my Volvo V50 2.0D
Pretty clear where my watch were, and during the 4 hour process.... I started to forget the gloves.... just wanted it done :facepalm:
Seems to run much better now... pin-size hole in the flexible part of the connection between the converter and the DPF, seems to create some rather erratic values for the diff sensor... which in return confuses the car's computer. Further driving with the diagnostic tester, will confirm my suspicion :D
DSC_0143.JPG

Digital_Thor

Cut the steering rod on my mom's Stiga Tornado lawn tractor, and welded two nuts on, so that the toe-in became adjustable. Now it steers soooo much better ️
DSC_0147.JPG

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Well, my long exposure skills are rusty, but there were lots of fireflies ("lightning bugs", in Baltimore parlance) last night. I spent some time trying to document the scene -- with meh results. :| I may try again tonight, if last night wasn't peak bug. :)

Katji

Major Contributor
1656682084426.png

1656683767361.png

1656683899779.png

1656683968708.png

[ Posted some years ago by this guy that makes speakers for Mojave CA music festivals, when he got into trying the keyhole speakers that some were doing. Dj monitors. LED lights with Arduino controllers. ]

MKreroo

20190113_191603.jpg
20181229_152835.jpg

Was lucky enough to see this beauty.

Top Bottom