• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping LA90 evaluation and discussion (Integrated Amplifier)

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 42 60.9%

• Total voters

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Multiple threads (four) have been merged into this one. It’s a bit of a shitshow but at least the conversation is all in one thread. That’s what I get for sleeping in today. Holy moly you guys are excited about this! :oops:
You probably already noticed, but it would be polite to have Amir's post as #1. Thanks for the merge, though (sincerely).

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
Am I alone in thinking this lowest SINAD is just another pissing contest? Who can piss higher up the wall, who can get the lowest SINAD.

It has zero relevance to audio quality, so why bother, other than because you can.

S.
Very true, and it also puts manufactures in a strange place because now they have some artificial pressure to make these numbers otherwise they’re going to be dumped on by some.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This review was supposed to go out Midnight tonight but I see that the information is released already by one of their sellers so here it is.
Where? - I feel I am lost in a maze of thread merges and can't find the golden review at the centre :D

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
Amirm isn't even the starter of a review thread anymore :eek:

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 1.44.28 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 1.42.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 1.42.13 PM.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 61

Bleib

Major Contributor
Interesting to see that an amplifier not able to drive less than 4 ohm is considered as great by so many people. Another thread I will stop reading for the goodness of my blood pressure...
Many people point out for example that sensitive speakers are for instance better to have.
Personally I'd much rather get the Audiophics 400, it has a lot more power.

GeekyBastard

Very true, and it also puts manufactures in a strange place because now they have some artificial pressure to make these numbers otherwise they’re going to be dumped on by some.
With this king of logic, we should stop testing and grading students, who cares, everyone's instantly rocket scientist now.

Shouldn't a good equipment performs well in objective test first? Most company couldn't even make a "decent" one, let alone a great performing one.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

GeekyBastard

Interesting to see that an amplifier not able to drive less than 4 ohm is considered as great by so many people. Another thread I will stop reading for the goodness of my blood pressure...
And it can't even microwave my lasagna, just horrible ey?

Anyway, always love seeing competing manufactures doing trash talk, such an elegant move.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

formula 977

If two units are used in mono mode will the volume controls track each other. Is there a remote or app included or is this basically a desktop amp?

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
In my haste to organize this rush of threads. I screwed the pooch and accidentally pulled @amirm ’s review into the merge. So the System re-sorts all posts by time stamp. I have since pulled Amir’s review out of the merged mess I created and it is a separate thread as if should be.

Here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...pping-la90-review-integrated-amplifier.33374/

My apologies for the confusion and rearrangement of the posts. :facepalm:
Thanks for a separate thread. My humble suggestion: next time we see too many "breaking news" thread talking about the same topic before Amir's review thread, you could close all the previous threads and redirect the discussion to be continued on Amir's thread.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Thanks for a separate thread. My humble suggestion: next time we see too many "breaking news" thread talking about the same topic before Amir's review thread, you could close all the previous threads and redirect the discussion to be continued on Amir's thread.
Good suggestion. Hindsight! Normally I don’t touch Amir’s Review threads. I was doing too many things at once and did not realize, until the damage was done, that I had selected Amir’s review thread in the merge. We’re human and make mistakes too. If I’m not here next week. It has been a pleasure serving this incredible Community.

staticV3

Master Contributor
If two units are used in mono mode will the volume controls track each other. Is there a remote or app included or is this basically a desktop amp?
No. There's no remote, App, or any other kind of communication.
Topping suggest setting the LA90's volume control to "Bypass" and using an external preamp for volume control if you want to use two Amps in bridged mode.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I too post BS about my competitors sometimes.
1634098657865.gif

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Only manufacturers that can't compete will agree with you.

I bet at Benchmark they just said "we will beat them with even better specs"

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom