• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Veri

Master Contributor
Have you found someone to lend you a Chord Mojo to try yet? I have one and also a Chord Qutest which is the DAC part of the Hugo 2 without the amplifier. I am really having trouble telling them apart. I might be interested to loan mine to you so you could measure and review.
Please please follow up on this :D

rajapruk

Forum Donor
I would love to see the analog outputs from a BSS dsp to be measured, if someone in the US can send to Amir.

Also Trinnov cinema processors would be interesting.

Stein

Perhaps something of the Audient audio interfaces. I own one myself and their microphone preamps are fantastic.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I would love to see the analog outputs from a BSS dsp to be measured, if someone in the US can send to Amir.
I have one but I am not sure if I want to pull it out of my theater rack. :)

pos

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
doit.jpg
(please)

rajapruk

Forum Donor

Don't you want to know yourself then how it measures?!

Please Please Please. :)

I have a BSS BLU-160 + BSS BLU-BOB2 in my system. But I have noise from the BOB2 on some channels. I think it is faulty.

pos

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What about the feeling of having a potentially underperforming device polluting your movie experience?
If it measures badly you still have the option to replace the analog output cards with digital ones and use any of the many good performing DACs you have around :D

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
With movies, the picture and dialog are key. Utmost fidelity is not as much of a priority for me there.

With music, we don't have the picture so fidelity has a larger role.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
With movies, the picture and dialog are key. Utmost fidelity is not as much of a priority for me there.

With music, we don't have the picture so fidelity has a larger role.
I feel the same. As long as the movie sounds good, that is what is important.
I have Klipsch R15-PM's and a K100SW sub.... It sounds quite good for movies and much better than any sound bar or TV standalone...

manueljenkin

Can you please measure the apogee groove. It's a current drive kind of dac-amp (not an exact current drive either though).

I am thinking of either the groove or geek out but considering the customer support of geek out, I'm more interested in the groove. This is the only measurement of the unit I have seen online, but I'm not sure how much I can trust it.

https://kenrockwell.com/audio/apogee/groove.htm

manueljenkin

I have one for review so yes. :)

And welcome aboard.

Thank you. Very happy and excited to be a part of a community like this, being an electrical and electronics graduate.

Thanks a lot. Is there a thread here where I can ask for purchase advices?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Is there a thread here where I can ask for purchase advices?
You can ask it anywhere. Just look at the forum list and decide which category it belongs to and post it there.

Top Bottom