• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Chord Mojo or anything FPGA... :)
Chord Mojo has also arrived for review. :) What has not arrived is enough time to test all the gear in the queue!!! :) :)

Merkurio

Chord Mojo has also arrived for review. :) What has not arrived is enough time to test all the gear in the queue!!! :):)

No problem, do things at your own pace! ;)

Excited to look at that review though.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hopefully you get to measure the Marantz HD-DAC1. I know it is a bit old ...
As I noted in the other thread, I have the Marantz HD AMP1 in for review. So if the DAC portion is the same, we will be killing two birds with one stone there.

sbsj

Hi Amir,

Based on Marantz website, the Amp1 uses SABRE ES9010K2M , the DAC1 uses CS4398
And the DAC1 only powers headphones

tensor9

Forum Donor
I'd like to see measurements of the PS Audio DirectStream DAC

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'd like to see measurements of the PS Audio DirectStream DAC
We have a number of requests for that. At $6,000 though, it is not in my budget to purchase. :)

So please contact them on their website and tell them you like their DAC measured by us. If enough people do that, they may be inclined to loan me a unit to test. Else, we can all go to their youtube channel and complain. :)

tensor9

Forum Donor
Ok, there is a used one for just over $3000 available now if that helps. I can surely ask if they'd be willing to send one, though. :)

BurritoJustice

Forum Donor
A "current drive" headphone amp would be cool. I'm thinking specifically of the Questyle DAC/Amps like the CMA600i/800R and the CMA Twelve that just came out.

escalibur

Monolith Desktop DAC AMP seems to be released now.

Monolith by Monoprice Desktop Headphone Amplifier and DAC with THX AAA Technology (Dual AKM 4493 DACs & Dual AAA-788 Modules)

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24459

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Chord DAVE? I know this is a fairly popular DAC at Headfi and we have some people from Headfi that read this forum (though none of my online friends I keep in touch with has one). I am interested in this since it seems like according to the comments section at Stereophile JA deviated from standard measurement procedure to put the DAVE in a more favorable light.

Last edited:

HeadphoneFan

Creative X G6 as I mentioned in the bargain DAC thread, or the E5 as a previous member mentioned I hardly care which.

Regardless of what you choose, I appreciate the reviews!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Top Bottom