• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Paul says you must lift speaker cables of the floor for better sound quality...

Vini darko

Major Contributor
The comments section is fun though.
Interestingly I've heard Paul say in the past that one can wrap speaker wires around active transformers and hear no difference.
I noticed he went strait for the "if your systems resolving enough" get out of jail free card.

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
This guy works for PS Audio? Gad, once upon a time they made respectable equipment.

I know one place where lifting cables saved the day. In a data center, we had all the cables up off the floor tied to the raised floor stanchions. Only the power cables, which were oil-tight were on the cement. Well, a sprinkler head popped and suddenly 6 inches of water. Pumped it out, and fired the center back up within an hour. Had all the cables just been on the floor, it would have cost the taxpayers over a million dollars to remove and re-cable everything. Many datacenters now use overhead trays.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This guy works for PS Audio? Gad, once upon a time they made respectable equipment.

I know one place where lifting cables saved the day. In a data center, we had all the cables up off the floor tied to the raised floor stanchions. Only the power cables, which were oil-tight were on the cement. Well, a sprinkler head popped and suddenly 6 inches of water. Pumped it out, and fired the center back up within an hour. Had all the cables just been on the floor, it would have cost the taxpayers over a million dollars to remove and re-cable everything. Many datacenters now use overhead trays.

He's the co-founder of BS Audio....and chief of bs.

Just don't watch his videos, just helps him....

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
This makes sense for commercial installations with a lot of wiring. Not so much at home.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I just leave them on the floor and run the vacuum cleaner over them on cleaning day. :D j/k. I don't do that because of the massive ESD buildup from the vacuum cleaner.

Morla

Forum Donor
I knew it! I knew I was doing something right when I decided to put the canare 4s11 up there ;):facepalm:

Attachments

• 16058523078540.jpg
    16058523078540.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 204

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Back in the day (like 1970s) PS audio made well engineered, high value, preamplifiers when preamps were needed to supply RIAA equalization and gain for moving coil phono cartridges and the like.

Murray A

Forum Donor
You guys are too tuff. I expect the consumer to at least educate oneself on some basics of audio electronics. I've had the (dis)pleasure of taking calls from literally thousands of uninformed audio enthusiasts who haven't a clue about how audio works. I won't reveal names of some of the more famous victims!

escksu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hmm, I think I can understand the reason behind it. However, I feel its extremely small. Too small to make a difference.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Back in the day (like 1970s) PS audio made well engineered, high value, preamplifiers when preamps were needed to supply RIAA equalization and gain for moving coil phono cartridges and the like.
I don't know about the 'high value' part. The original stuff was inexpensive by comparison to whatever was out there, so it had that going for it. If low price equates to value then it could be. Original PS gear was Dynaco level quality, from a parts and build standpoint. Anyone with an old PAT preamp will know what I mean. Of course some expensive 'high end' gear was built cheaply, too.

I owned his LCC line stage, the companion phono preamp, and his MC amplifier. Of the three, the MC stage was probably the best built. The pots on the LCC became noisy after a couple of years, and the little toggle switches literally fell apart with moderate use. Again, nothing wrong with cheap. As long as one's build quality expectations are commensurate.

My guess from looking at the pictures is that Paul's 'cheap' days are over. I'm sure his new stuff is built to a higher standard. He sells nothing I'd want, but I'm not his kind of customer, either.

Isokawa

As Murray A say above, the Paul videos have a clear educating value for beginners.

That said when i see the post in this thread i am quiet speechless of total absence of moderation on the site, giving an opinion shall not be offensive…, that is not matching with ASR.

The people doing this are not at right place Instead to do this and give inappropriate comment on PS Audio and Paul please explain technically your point of view !

what is read is pathetic and childish what disappointing content for ASR

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
As Murray A say above, the Paul videos have a clear educating value for beginners.
Only if you want "beginners" to have their heads stuffed with commercially useful nonsense from a charlatan.

kongwee

Major Contributor
I used to have this
It works. It prevent my floor being stained by the poor PVC speaker cable that degrade in my tropical country. Look huge and nice. Shocking they don't cost hundreds each.
High tension transmission line use ceramic as isolator.

JSmith

Master Contributor
PS Audio and Paul
I have no time for this crap, it's highway robbery;
YMMV.

JSmith

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
...the Paul videos have a clear educating value for beginners.
This is essentially correct. To become a self-educated and knowledgeable audiophool, one must study Paul's claims closely, and then learn to ignore both them, and similar claims inhabiting the borderline of tweak. So from that standpoint, Paul's lectures do represent solid value, for the aspiring audio hobbyist.

Of course one could ask, "Why bother with speaker wires near the floor, at all?" S. Linkwitz, in one of his earlier designs, completely did away with floor draped hook-up wire--or floor standing loudspeakers. Of course, his reasons had nothing to do with whatever Paul is worried about! Siegfried was serious about obtaining real-world knowledge in order to help people solve their real-world listening problems. Paul is serious about picking your wallet, after he melts your brain with idiocy.

Learn that lesson, and you'll be ahead of the game.

sb2-12.jpg

Last edited:

ThatM1key

Major Contributor

That said when i see the post in this thread i am quiet speechless of total absence of moderation on the site, giving an opinion shall not be offensive…, that is not matching with ASR.

The people doing this are not at right place Instead to do this and give inappropriate comment on PS Audio and Paul please explain technically your point of view !

what is read is pathetic and childish what disappointing content for ASR
ASR provides measurements for consumers to know if there gear is doing what they bought it for. BS Audio makes junk equipment for stupid money, what more do you want? You don't like ASR?, you could back and ride the clown train that has BS Audio, John Dorko and many other clowns.

Without ASR, people would buy overpriced junk and companies would've chosen the lazy route when making products.

Top Bottom