• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best way to elevate desktop speakers with limited desktop real estate?

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Situation below. This is a sit/standing desk, so floor stands are not a good solution. I would like them a bit higher. Perhaps a bracket mounted stand?
1C610954-B3B7-4E8C-AC4A-D5DF575B0271.jpeg

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My 8020s are mounted on small microphone desktop stands (König & Meyer). The 8020 has a matching socket at the bottom, just remove the rubber foot.

Edit: this one: K&M 23325

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I would go with some blocks of wood cut out to angle the speakers a bit. Can make them pretty high if required and they will be solid and firm.

Trell

Major Contributor
I use these Genelec stands for my 8330A. They lift up the monitors and have usable space underneath them. There are other Genelec L-stands for smaller/bigger monitors.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@Trell beat me to it - those are the ones I use too. The shape is great for reclaiming desk space but otherwise they're imperfect. The tightening mechanism is cheap and irritating, and as you can see below they still require angling the speakers upwards. But if you're comfortable overcoming those things (and the price) they're a good option.

20220127_133925.jpg

Trell

Major Contributor
Genelec has VESA adapters that you can put on the backside of the monitors. This should give you more mounting options.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Noticed these on the side of the link from LTig.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Books:

DSCF5233.JPG

Zensō

Major Contributor

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My cheap ass literally folded two sheets of sound deadening foam for PC and elevated the speakers on it at an angle. DIY and cheap dad level.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Is that economic theme in the books because you need to fund ever increasing purchases of audio gear?
Much more convoluted than that. A history teacher gave me books focused on background history relating to the novel "Gravity's Rainbow". Also, the theme throughout my audio purchasing lifetime is cheapskate audio, getting the most performance out of the least investment. Those speakers [a/d/s 400e] set me back all of $20. Very nice desktop speakers. They don't have much going on below 100 hz, blend nicely with my Sonance "Son of Sub" powered, 10", $50 used.

I don't know about "constrained damping", but the books don't rattle like some other speaker stands would.

mkt

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Much more convoluted than that. A history teacher gave me books focused on background history relating to the novel "Gravity's Rainbow". Also, the theme throughout my audio purchasing lifetime is cheapskate audio, getting the most performance out of the least investment. Those speakers [a/d/s 400e] set me back all of $20. Very nice desktop speakers. They don't have much going on below 100 hz, blend nicely with my Sonance "Son of Sub" powered, 10", $50 used.

I don't know about "constrained damping", but the books don't rattle like some other speaker stands would.
Well I have Gravity's Rainbow on the bookshelf. So that is something. The first edition in paperback.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Well I have Gravity's Rainbow on the bookshelf. So that is something. The first edition in paperback.
The ones with the unstitched binding that explodes upon first reading? I wonder if Pynchon deliberately planned on that.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The ones with the unstitched binding that explodes upon first reading? I wonder if Pynchon deliberately planned on that.
That is the one. I purchased it when the first paperback version was available. And you have to treat it gently since I've read it a couple times and sections of it more than that.

Top Bottom