• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Matrix Resurrections what a horrible movie...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
The investors will.. eventually.
If the viewers aren't there, yes.
As it stands the numbers were strong enough to finance a second and third season.
You seem to think the whole world revolves around your taste.
It Doesn't.

Star Trek: Picard First Reviews: Patrick Stewart Shines in New Series That Does the Franchise Proud​

The Star Trek universe and this beloved lead character have matured in the CBS All Access series. And, like fine wine, the flavor is complex (and perhaps not to every taste).​

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Watched Matrix Resurrections the day it came out on HBO. Some early reviews I saw said it was the best sequel for the series. They must have seen a different movie than I/my wife! What the heck happened to Keanu Reeves? Did he forget how to act all of a sudden? The man has the same tone and mood during the entire movie. Even secondary actors sounded a lot more natural than him. And oh, all of a sudden he is not "the one?" Forgot to fly too?

It amazes me that people who make movies can't see when a project is going south early in the process and make course correction. I guess they get most of their money up front and could care less what the end result is.

This thing is not even worth watching it for free as we did. If you have not seen it, I suggest passing on it as to not ruin the memory of the original movies.
It could be argued that the most horrible movies create their own amusing merit.

I offer as evidence the intentionally bad-acted “Return of the Living Dead”. It’s horrible yet I have watched it several times.

“If you really loved me, you would let me eat your brains!”

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If the viewers aren't there, yes.
As it stands the numbers were strong enough to finance a second and third season.
That really remains to be seen. Discovery also has appalling viewership, yet they keep on making seasons. It was so bad Netflix wanted out on the deal. Let’s wait wat Amazon thinks about it.

They also made yet another Dr. Who season despite record low viewership numbers.
You seem to think the whole world revolves around your taste.
It Doesn't.
I surely hope not! Meanwhile I’ll vent my opinion nevertheless: this show was made by petulant teenagers that never even attended a single elementary school science class and never watched an TNG episode.
Should I be impressed by those shill reviews? Those are the same as audio product reviews: a total waste of time.

All I know is that I’m not the only one with this opinion. I guess we’ll need to agree to disagree on this one :eek:
What is your favorit syfy series?
Oe, I don’t know? I don’t have a single favorite. TNG, first couple of Dr. Who seasons after 2005, Firefly, first couple of Expanse seasons, Battlestar Galactica, The Orville .. probably forgot a few.

Shall we get back to the Matrix now?

audio2design

Major Contributor
Seems viewers like it even more than the critics, or at least not enough people hated it to give it bad reviews:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220109-095913.png
    Screenshot_20220109-095913.png
    370.5 KB · Views: 62

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
While it was an obvious money grab I liked it. I thought it tied in well with the earlier movies. (I'm probably in the minority in that I liked the entire trilogy. I LOVED the original.) Some attempts at injecting humor, while cringy and almost ruining the movie, were thankfully not expanded upon. I gave it a 7/10. (I am also one of the rare individuals who have liked everything the Wachowski siblings released.)

Martin

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Seems viewers like it even more than the critics, or at least not enough people hated it to give it bad reviews:
Those 87% is not the viewers. Viewer score is only 54%, incidentally about 10 points worse than the latest Matrix installment.

steve59

Major Contributor
I enjoyed the first 45 minutes or so with KR trying to hold onto reality and after that it was just more of the same.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Regarding Syfy movies in general:
For now already Hughes amout of money is spent on proving String theory done by LHD, Fermi-lab etc. It looks like a strong theory.
From a philosophically point of view if String theory will be proven (for many scientist a matter of time that they will) basically time an space does not exist an we live in a more or less holographic universe part of an infinite multivers. So when proven all syfy stories for now or in the future will be obsolete from a realistic point of view. Curious how movie makers will deal with that when proven that we live on a HDD.:facepalm:

Naamloos.jpg

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Regarding Syfy movies in general:
For now already Hughes amout of money is spent on proving String theory
As we are a science based forum, let’s call the thing by what it is: a hypothesis. Somehow they snuck the “theory” in there and everybody seems fine with it. A scientific theory is more or less akin to fact. You can use it to make actual physical predictions. As it stands today, spring theory can’t do a lot of predicting. It can’t even be falsified nor is there currently any way to prove it’s correct. See: https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2015/12/23/why-string-theory-is-not-science/amp/

Last edited:

Sonny1

I really like the critical drinker to filter out bad movies and find good ones. He agrees. Which is why I will not bother watching in the first place.

e: Spoilerwarning. Do not watch this if you want to see the movie.

Best reviewer on the planet! I love all of his reviews. This hit the nail on the head!

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As we are a science based forum, let’s call the thing by what it is: a hypothesis. Somehow they snuck the “theory” in there and everybody seems fine with it. A scientific theory is more or less akin to fact. You can use it to make actual physical prodictions. A it stands today, spring theory can do a lot of predicting. It can’t even be falsified nor is there currently any way to prove it’s correct. See: https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2015/12/23/why-string-theory-is-not-science/amp/
String theory/hypotheses has to follow the same path as gravitational waves, Hawking radiation an black holes all are proven some recently. For strings you need sensitive instruments that can measure them at the planck scale or proberbly smaller. But for most you need to have the imagination an math skills to predict them Just like gravitational waves, Hawking radiation an black holes i find that fascinating. Nobel price winner Gerard het Hoofd is al ready suggesting that there are pre quantum conditions what ever that may be
:facepalm:

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes it is fascinating. I find it utterly incredible that maths** was used to predict even something as cosmic as black holes.

**to the extent that my brain goes "wibble" at the thought.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
String theory/hypotheses has to follow the same path as gravitational waves, Hawking radiation an black holes all are proven some recently.
Not really, all these actually had decent plans to prove them and eventually technology caught up so the proofs could be found.
For strings you need sensitive instruments that can measure them at the planck scale or proberbly smaller.
Where do you get that notion from? Currently we don’t know how to prove string theory.. hell, there still isn’t even one theory really.

But it surely does make for some interesting TV shows… better than the last Matrix.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
...Currently we don’t know how to prove string theory.. hell, there still isn’t even one theory really.

But it surely does make for some interesting TV shows… better than the last Matrix.
Can't peer at'em with a big microscope then?

No?

I'll see myself out.

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
Untrue. Star wars and star trek are way beyond our primative version of politics. Princess Leia was the strongest Skywalker in the entire series. The inclusion and acceptance of alien races was way beyond where we are as a species. Fight me that we are beyond where these series were in the 1960's and 1970's.
It’s my opinion, so we can certainly agree to disagree.

One thing I am certain of - Star Wars wasn’t a series in the 1960s.

I’ll politely decline your invitation to “Fight”, thank you.

NoteMakoti

The Matrix 4 ruled, probably the best you could ever expect from a Matrix revisit. I'm actually planning to get the 4KBD because I loved the HDR so much.

The mixed reviews is probably a Many Saints of Newark situation where people went into it expecting something completely different than what they got.

Top Bottom