• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sold Out - Revel Salon2 New Stock w/ full warranty $12k plus shipping

How many subs w/ your Salons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I noticed that too and asked him about it, this past week. He has sold out of the Salon2 forever, no more stock or production. He has decided to not sell online, but only his store in Fairfax, VA. I'm the OP of this thread, which has come to an ironic conclusion. After having mine since mid July, I realize that my tinnitus is impacting my enjoyment more than I knew. Once I sat in front of the Salon2s as a viable reference, I realized how distracting the ringing in my ears has grown to be. So, I'm selling out and abandoning the hobby. It's been a fun 50 year run and reached, what I think is the top of the heap with the Salons... just too late for my ears to be fully able to appreciate. So, my mahogany Salons, a couple months old, $9995 plus shipping. I've also got a McIntosh MC7300 (300wpc) for $2500 plus shipping. I'm going to post these for sale on ASR shortly. https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650018983-revel-salon2-in-mahogany-purchased-new-july7-2023/

Tony in Vegas
Dang! Sorry to hear that. That sucks.

I should make a road trip

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Dang! Sorry to hear that. That sucks.

I should make a road trip
Well... it is Vegas after all. You might be able to find some amusements before and after auditioning the Salons. I'm not anxious to ship these and if I don't sell them to someone to pick up, I may just keep them forever and leave them to my audiophile niece. To tell you the truth, I spend time just looking at them with the power off, they're like two sculptures in the room. No worries. No rush. No need for the proceeds. No WAF to opine otherwise. Carpe Diem... lol.

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well... it is Vegas after all. You might be able to find some amusements before and after auditioning the Salons. I'm not anxious to ship these and if I don't sell them to someone to pick up, I may just keep them forever and leave them to my audiophile niece. To tell you the truth, I spend time just looking at them with the power off, they're like two sculptures in the room. No worries. No rush. No need for the proceeds. No WAF to opine otherwise. Carpe Diem... lol.
The 208s and 206 too?

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The 208s and 206 too?
Nope, the 208s are sold and the 206s are in my bedroom HT. Interestingly, the tinnitus is much less noticeable with 5 channels than two, so I'm keeping that in place.

Last edited:

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I noticed that too and asked him about it, this past week. He has sold out of the Salon2 forever, no more stock or production. He has decided to not sell online, but only his store in Fairfax, VA. I'm the OP of this thread, which has come to an ironic conclusion. After having mine since mid July, I realize that my tinnitus is impacting my enjoyment more than I knew. Once I sat in front of the Salon2s as a viable reference, I realized how distracting the ringing in my ears has grown to be. So, I'm selling out and abandoning the hobby. It's been a fun 50 year run and reached, what I think is the top of the heap with the Salons... just too late for my ears to be fully able to appreciate. So, my mahogany Salons, a couple months old, $9995 plus shipping. I've also got a McIntosh MC7300 (300wpc) for $2500 plus shipping. I'm going to post these for sale on ASR shortly. https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650018983-revel-salon2-in-mahogany-purchased-new-july7-2023/

Tony in Vegas
So sorry to read this, I followed your thread with joy. I hope you find some equally satisfying alternative.
Peace

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Tinnitus is much less noticeable with 5 channels than two, so I'm keeping that in place.

I luckily don’t have tinnitus, but I wonder if something like the Bose 901 or Sonos Era 300 will reduce tinnitus from the combination of HF roll off and excessive room reflections to give you the effect of 5 channels. Maybe subtle phase shift somehow reduces the triggering of the tinnitus.

I know it is crazy to go from the Salon2 to a Bose 901 or Sonos, but you have to think of it as you having the 206 for precision sound and these as a second system which is being compared against having no system at all.

The Bose 901 is a crazy thought but hits higher SPLs and responds very well to Dirac. The Sonos Era 300’s are available with a return policy/in home trial/return policy and are far better than they have any right to be. The Sonos team has the largest anechoic chambers in the world dedicated to audio, and the Era 300 was led by former JBL Pro engineer, Doug Button who helped designed the 15” woofer in the JBL Everest DD65/66/67000 and a number of JBL Pro products

The Era 300, in room:
1694884752488.jpeg

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So sorry to read this, I followed your thread with joy. I hope you find some equally satisfying alternative.
Peace
Thanks, your comments throughout the thread were very supportive. I've still got my little HT... I'm letting go of my main 2 channel. It's ok... it's a small house and I turn it up loud... I still love it... just recognizing my limits... lol.

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I luckily don’t have tinnitus, but I wonder if something like the Bose 901 or Sonos Era 300 will reduce tinnitus from the combination of HF roll off and excessive room reflections to give you the effect of 5 channels. Maybe subtle phase shift somehow reduces the triggering of the tinnitus.

I know it is crazy to go from the Salon2 to a Bose 901 or Sonos, but you have to think of it as you having the 206 for precision sound and these as a second system which is being compared against having no system at all.

The Bose 901 is a crazy thought but hits higher SPLs and responds very well to Dirac. The Sonos Era 300’s are available with a return policy/in home trial/return policy and are far better than they have any right to be. The Sonos team has the largest anechoic chambers in the world dedicated to audio, and the Era 300 was led by former JBL Pro engineer, Doug Button who helped designed the 15” woofer in the JBL Everest DD65/66/67000 and a number of JBL Pro products

The Era 300, in room:
View attachment 312432
Not exactly no system at all. My HT is all Revel with a Yamaha that sounds great in a small room. More accurately I'm not chasing the 2 channel dragon that has eluded me, but I'm not going from the Salons to silence. There is no silence... that's the f--king problem... lol. Thanks for the options.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
More accurately I'm not chasing the 2 channel dragon that has eluded me, but I'm not going from the Salons to silence.

Got it. You slayed the dragon and decided your adventure is complete and have returned to the comfortable life within the castle walls afterwards :)

It’s such an interesting observation that MCH audio doesn’t trigger your tinnitus the way 2 ch audio did. I imagine that must provide some insight into treatment or avoiding aggravation…

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Got it. You slayed the dragon and decided your adventure is complete and have returned to the comfortable life within the castle walls afterwards :)
Well alluded... lol.. but the dragon, as well as most of the windmills that have crossed my path, still stand... waiting for the next coconut wielding knight. :cool:

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Not exactly no system at all. My HT is all Revel with a Yamaha that sounds great in a small room. More accurately I'm not chasing the 2 channel dragon that has eluded me, but I'm not going from the Salons to silence. There is no silence... that's the f--king problem... lol. Thanks for the options.
If I may interject. I have significant hearing loss and very loud ringing and a steady tone of about 65 db Tinnitus. It use to keep me awake at night cause it was so loud. I know this is going to sound counter intuitive and I realize that I might be fighting a loosing battle here. The only time I don’t hear my Tinnitus is when watching tv/movie or music. When I turn on Music I can refocus my brain on the music and not the tinnitus. When in bed I use a few different sets of comfortable IEMs and a Qudelix 5k. Put on some tunes and set a timer for an hour on my iPhone. Setting the volume just high enough that it masks the ringing. The music plays for the hour and the timer will turn off the music. Just a suggestion. My current favorite IEMs are FIIO FH5s Pro (https://www.fiio.com/fh5s) and the FH7s (https://www.fiio.com/fh7s) using the memory foam tips they are comfortable all night in my ears.

Just sharing how I am coping with this problem. I hope you can discover a happy solution and not have to give up your passion for Music. Good luck Sir. Selling your new Salon 2’s you just bought. The holy grail of speakers. Someone is going to get an incredible deal. If you weren’t like 2300 miles away I would come get them today.

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well... this was a fast and furious excursion... that is now over. I just sold the speakers locally, no shipping, no Paypal, insurance or existential stress from the perils of freight. Thanks for the support... it was a fun ride... now I'll listen to the frequency in my head.

Last edited:
OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What's missing from this pic? I'll give you a hint... they weigh 160 lbs each and are coveted by all with the hearing to appreciate them. Right... the Salons are missing from this pic... off to a good new home. I had to convince him that they didn't need to be broken in... we agreed to disagree.... lol. Enjoy them Chris!!
1695428346008.jpeg

Last edited:

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
What's missing from this pic? I'll give you a hint... they weigh 160 lbs each and are coveted by all with the hearing to appreciate them. Right... the Salons are missing from this pic... off to a good new home. I had to convince him that they didn't need to be broken in... we agreed to disagree.... lol. Enjoy them Chris!!
View attachment 313967
You have just made me Sad and the feeling may last the entire weekend. At least you can say at one time I had the holy grail of speakers and set them free….:oops:

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You have just made me Sad and the feeling may last the entire weekend. At least you can say at one time I had the holy grail of speakers and set them free….:oops:
Exactly. No regrets. It's like Al Pacino taking a Ferrari on a wild ride in lower Manhattan... he couldn't see... I can't hear... but we got the blood pumping... at least one more time. Carpe... F..ckin' Diem... lol.

Top Bottom